Should I trade my rose jaipur ghw birkin for vert veronese?

Feb 27, 2013
Hi tpfers,

You all have helped me so much in my decision to purchase my birkin 30 epsom rose jaipur ghw. After bringing it home, trying it on with different outfits it seems to not work with my wardrobe and me as much as I thought it would :sad: it is a tad bit 'loud' for my liking.

It is not a true pink and seems to look salmony orange against my skin.

I have the opportunity to trade my rose jaiper for a preowned 09 vert veronese togo birkin 30 and wanted some expert advice on you ladies on whether you would trade it in?

VV seems like a nice neutral aside from black/grey/brown. I think i would get more wear out of a neutral colour than a bright colour. It is also in a leather I like more better (togo) than epsom.

I own a rouge casque ghw clemence 30 which is bright and I barely carry it, but I lovveeee it.

Could others recommend other birkin colours rhat are great neutrals?

Please help! Your advice is really appriciated :smile:

Xo

I would go for it, but I happen to love the army green type colors and they go well with my skin and my mostly black, grey and beige wardrobe. Beige is a bright in my household. I am carrying my canoppe right now and I love her.

However, the key thing is what makes sense for you? They don't have to be the same decision, you can sell the bag you don't like without grabbing vv if vv doesn't ultimately make you fall in love. These are expensive bags and you don't need to rush. Always something around the corner

If the color doesn't work with your wardrobe and you don't think you'll carry it much then you should exchange it for another color that will work better. Is it possible for you to try out the VV and see how it will work with your clothes?

Thank you Doloresmia, I definately wont make a haste decision as I know with rose jaiper it was a decision that I thought I could grow to like when really I only 80 percent liked hehe. Not loved. VV seems to be a bag that I could cart around in casual clothes and get more use out of it.

Im liking the idea of army green for fall :smile:

If I were to get a complete neutral other than black what colours would they be?

Etain?

Do you like Vert Veronese? If so, then the decision should be simple. Don't exchange a bag you feel 'ok' about for another one that doesn't make your heart sing. For the price of these bags, you truly have to LOVE it, not just tolerate it. If you're simply exchanging one ok bag for another, then I would wait until one that catches your eye comes around.

If you like neutrals, Vert Veronese is beautiful. Other colors to consider are etoupe, etain, blue orage, rouge h, raisin, graphite, and blue saphir. Good Luck!

Maybe wait a little longer and see if the RJ grows on you? There are also plenty of other great neutrals like jyyanks mentioned above. Based on market value for these two bags... it's not a fair trade unless you're getting cash out of it.

Hi tpfers,

You all have helped me so much in my decision to purchase my birkin 30 epsom rose jaipur ghw. After bringing it home, trying it on with different outfits it seems to not work with my wardrobe and me as much as I thought it would :sad: it is a tad bit 'loud' for my liking.

It is not a true pink and seems to look salmony orange against my skin.

I have the opportunity to trade my rose jaiper for a preowned 09 vert veronese togo birkin 30 and wanted some expert advice on you ladies on whether you would trade it in?

VV seems like a nice neutral aside from black/grey/brown. I think i would get more wear out of a neutral colour than a bright colour. It is also in a leather I like more better (togo) than epsom.

I own a rouge casque ghw clemence 30 which is bright and I barely carry it, but I lovveeee it.

Could others recommend other birkin colours rhat are great neutrals?

Please help! Your advice is really appriciated :smile:

Xo
IMO, you should not exchage one for the other if you are unsure about the color and not madly in love. It seems to me you will be better off getting a neutral color that you will get more use out of instead of the bright color; maybe a black can't go wrong with this color. Hermes do make beautiful colors on their bags. Good luck my friend in your decision, and I know you will be happy in the end.

Do you wear much green? VV is a nice color, but I never wear greens at all, so it wouldn't 't work for me. Doesn't 't sound like you are in love with the VV , but you are considering it because it is a neutral.

What about graphite, etoupe - or something in the brown family?

I hope you find another color that makes your heart sing!!