Should I trade in my pre loved Chanel?

nikki2304

Jan 3, 2014
Hi,

I need some advice! I bought a used Chanel flap medium lamb skin with gold hardware for £1000 on eBay a year ago.

I am finding it hard to match gold with much of my wardrobe, I think silver is more versatile so I was considering trading in my old one for a Chanel jumbo flap with silver hardware (unsure of whether to get lamb or caviar) as I would like to wear my Chanel for everyday.

I think I can sell mine and I will have to put perhaps an extra £1500. Is it worth reading for. Similar design or shall I keep the Chanel I already have and get a prada Saffiano tote?

Please help! Thanks

Hi,

I need some advice! I bought a used Chanel flap medium lamb skin with gold hardware for £1000 on eBay a year ago.

I am finding it hard to match gold with much of my wardrobe, I think silver is more versatile so I was considering trading in my old one for a Chanel jumbo flap with silver hardware (unsure of whether to get lamb or caviar) as I would like to wear my Chanel for everyday.

I think I can sell mine and I will have to put perhaps an extra £1500. Is it worth reading for. Similar design or shall I keep the Chanel I already have and get a prada Saffiano tote?

Please help! Thanks
do you have pictures of your current bag? £1000 was a bargain!

you said you had it a year, so have you been using it and enjoying it during that time, or has it just been on a shelf?? if you aren't even using the style regularly then i doubt a change of chain color will make you love another chanel bag. if you do use this bag a lot but just don't like the chain color, then yes.. swap it for what you want.

You bag is gorgeous and looks fabulous on you! If you want a larger version with different leather/ hardware so you'll have the ability to wear it more, then it might be worth selling, but this one looks so special, I'd keep it and save and watch for the larger one to become available, unless you only want one in your collection. As for the Prada, they are completely different bags, so hard to compare.

Last edited:
Well I'm
Struggling with the fact that for a bigger size and different colour hardware I'm paying an extra 2k - am I being u grateful lol I am thinking is this the wisest use for 2k/worth it for something I'll enjoy a little bit more

I am thinking you might regret letting go of your current bag. Yes, it's smaller and you use it less, but it's beautiful and you love it.

On the other hand, the new one looks great too. But will you really use it more? I know a lot of the tPFers here are shy about taking their bags out because the occasion isn't right, or a different crowd of people, etc.

Thanks for input. I have decided to keep the old one. There are so many other things I could do with £1400 such as buy a completely different bag rather than the same thing I have in a slightly different variation it doesn't seem to make the most money sense. Thanks

Oh your lambskin flap look puffy and beautiful condition! It is wasting to sell it in my opinion. If i were you, i would definetly keep it and make budget from something else and funds for new flap with silver. In fact I own both hardware in many sized in Chanel flaps. I wish you could also consider to keep this one then make the budget for a larger size Jumbo with silver and perhaps caviar makes different to own 2 flaps? I know current price is just crazy and insane, But a few years later, you could think that was well worth to own both..But after all it is your decision that makes you feel happy and satisfied in your situation. Good luck! Keep us posted! xo