Should I tell the truth to my SA??

Try to convince yourself that you have no need to feel guilty. I understand completely that feeling, but really she should be happy for you to find your HG. Why wouldn't you tell the truth? :graucho:

Tell the truth and no need to feel bad. You have purchased other things from her in the past and she knew you wanted the bag. You are probably correct that she knew the resale store had it in stock so why tell a fairy tale. We're all adults here;)

May I ask why you feel like you couldn't tell the truth? I buy on consignment also and have always told my SA. It is frowned upon to buy something second hand by Hermes?

on a side note, did you get a good deal? Congrats on finding your grail bag!

I really don't know how to handle this, so I'd love to hear what you guys think, and what you would do in my place:

Just over a month ago, I stumbled on one of my Grail Birkins, in the window of a shop that sells vintage and pre-owned H bags in my town. Needless to say, I bought it!:P Anyway, I would like to take it to H for a spa treatment , but I don't know what to tell my SA. She knows I didn't have a bag in this leather, so she's bound to ask where I got it, also the vintage H shop is very near the H store, so she may well have seen it in the window. Should I be honest and say I got it from that vintage shop, or should I make something up, like I bought it on a trip abroad....What would you say? TIA:flowers:

...dear Duna
I 'll be honest ... the truth...is always the best thing....I do the same with the men of my life ...my LOVELY DH :love: and my S.A. :rolleyes:.....:lol::lol:
ANGEL:angel::flowers:

Hello Duna, there are many wise ladies here and I do agree with them that you should tell the truth. A single white lie often leads to more and more lies. It's certainly a bad way to build a long term relationship!

Congrats on your new bag!

Just tell the truth. To be quite honest, I don't think that they'll be annoyed by this. What does bug them is if they catch you reselling your stuff. That annoys H to no end.

Ladies, in your experience do the SA even ask about these things? It never happened to me with H SAs. They compliment items but never interrogate which is something I like. I did have the whole "and where did you buy the bag from?" from Chanel but never Hermes.
No, the staff at my local boutique have class and don't act in such a manner.

Unfortunately the same cannot be said for all customers that frequent it.

Tell the truth but only if asked... You don't have tobe letting you SA know your blood type either..ya know?? I mean does she tell you where she buys all her handbags??? Hmm??

hermes_lemming.............

it not that my boutique doesn't have class...I am pals with my SA and we are chatty. she knows I am loyal so she would just want to know.

I think its unfair to make the accusation that if a SA you work with asks what the deal is...

my SA just cares...alot....so I would box other stores that way because they want to know about their clients.