Should I Take My Speedy on a Plane Ride?

cjkuhl

Dec 15, 2009
Okay, I've been debating on whether or not my speedy (3 months old) should take a trip with me.

She's my one and only LV and I fear she would get awfully dirty (especially the vachetta-it's still quite pale). I don't want to put her on the floor of the plane and the thought of TSA personnel rummaging through her makes me ill.

I'll also be visiting a friend with a young daughter (5 years old) and I just envision kool-aid somehow being spilled on it. What to do....what to do...

But, still if I have it, I should use it, right? I'd have to go back to using one of my Coach bags if I don't take my lovely LV along for the ride. I don't want to leave her at home, but I'm so worried.

What do you or would you do? Thanks a million!

Honestly, I'd leave her at home because it seems like your gonna be so preoccupied with worrying and babying it if you dont - its gonna take over your trip, and if even ONE thing happens to it... it might put you in a rotten mood for your trip.

I agree that you should use what you have but I think it depends on where you're going and what you'll be doing there. Personally I wouldn't take it, mostly because I like shoulder bags when I travel and the speedy isn't convenient for me on a trip. Also I'd be afraid of squishing it and don't want to baby it. You should enjoy your trip without having to worry about anything, which is why if you're not comfortable with taking it, leave it at home. Maybe you can take it with you on your next trip after it starts to patina.

thanks for the advice ladies!

i've been pretty certain that i should leave her at home, but my hubby just keeps insisting that i take her.

basicandorganic & hellokitty99....i think you're right, i'll be so worried that i won't enjoy my time with my friend. thank you!

Hi!

I ALWAYS take my speedy on the plane with me, but then again, I dont have children around... I would also be worried to take it if I were you. Leave it home :smile: or take it with you in a dust bag and use it during your trip.

I say take her!!!!

I was in this same delima for my x-mas trip home. I decided to take my precious roses NF. In the airport is fine... In my bag I had a cute tin with a trash bag. I put my bag in the trashbag for the flight & she was fine. Once we landed I just put her in my lap & rolled up the trash bag & pu it in the tin. Worked great.

I would bring a coach bag in my luggage just in case.... But I knew I wouldn't be happy w/o my LV....

Let us know what you do!

i've taken my speedy on a plane. i'm also nuts about keeping vachetta in brand new condition, but i just watch over my bag very very closely like i would anywhere else. a plane's not really different from any other outside location you'd take your bag. i've never had tsa go through my purse, so i didn't even consider that. and if you don't wanna put your bag on the ground, just put a magazine on the ground and then your bag on top of that.

I think you should leave it at home. I still baby my speedy and I have it for a year already! :nuts:

When I go on trips, I don't want to worry about my possessions so I bring stuff that can take abuse and don't care if I lose them. Good Luck and have fun!

I guess i'm the odd one here...I do take my LV bags with me on all my trips...I do change bags as i feel everyday...I have 3 kids, lol..9, 5 and 1...I'm just careful where i put my bags during the days, but so far so good...I've never had any problem at all.

If you do worry about it, then by all means don't take it with you and enjoy your trip!! ;)