Should I take my 2 week old bag to LV?

lenaofdc

Dec 8, 2010
Hello all,

I bought my bag two weekends ago and noticed today a big chip in the glazing. This is totally unacceptable to me however is it normal for this bag? Am I being sensitive? What should I do? I really don't want to send a practically brand new bag for repair...this never happened to my speedy...

image-3938438191.jpg

Thanks for the feedback! I will take her in for exhange tonight and hopefully without hassle. Hopefully they'll have a made in france one because this put a bad taste in my mouth for USA products...

They took pictures and said they need approval for an exchange is this true or are they jerking my chain??

Both, sadly. I think it depends on who you are dealing with. Many SA's that I've come across don't have the authority to do anything but ring up a sale. To whom are they sending the pictures!?

Both, sadly. I think it depends on who you are dealing with. Many SA's that I've come across don't have the authority to do anything but ring up a sale. To whom are they sending the pictures!?

It's the store manager I talk to. Sadly I've never even seen her before although I've purchased 5 bags in the last 2 years. She said she had to send them to someone in corporate to approve a repair - I told her I absolutely do not want a repair on a 2 week old bag and she said she can't do anything, it's up to them. I got a little irate. I just can't wrap my head around it. What are pictures going to prove? The damage is clearly there. She said they'll check the entire lot for problems and yank it if other problems have been reported from the same one etc....We were going around in circles and I called my husband and he calmed me down so I said OK do what you have to do...she offered to keep it there overnight and I said no way because who knows what could happen to it in the mean time for them to be able to say no to an exchange or repair or whatever...I'm so disappointed...this gift was a 1st anniversary gift from my husband and it's turning a sentimental present into a bitter nightmare. I'm anxiously awaiting a call tomorrow where my gut tells me they will only repair it, if that since it's up to whoever sees the picture. I went to another boutique on the way home and they said the same thing so I called the 1800 number and they said it's a new policy to keep people from returning damaged bags...my question is how do they discern between "damaged" and defective bags? Shouldn't the manager be able to do this on site? I'm so irritated and this just topped off an already bad day...this gift meant a lot to me as we have been trying to conceive since Nov 2011 and now we have to stop because we're moving out of town and changing jobs/insurance so this new bag was kind of consoling if that makes sense...some happiness in my life....ugh sorry for the rant I'm in tears and just can't take any more bad news :rain:

It's the store manager I talk to. Sadly I've never even seen her before although I've purchased 5 bags in the last 2 years. She said she had to send them to someone in corporate to approve a repair - I told her I absolutely do not want a repair on a 2 week old bag and she said she can't do anything, it's up to them. I got a little irate. I just can't wrap my head around it. What are pictures going to prove? The damage is clearly there. She said they'll check the entire lot for problems and yank it if other problems have been reported from the same one etc....We were going around in circles and I called my husband and he calmed me down so I said OK do what you have to do...she offered to keep it there overnight and I said no way because who knows what could happen to it in the mean time for them to be able to say no to an exchange or repair or whatever...I'm so disappointed...this gift was a 1st anniversary gift from my husband and it's turning a sentimental present into a bitter nightmare. I'm anxiously awaiting a call tomorrow where my gut tells me they will only repair it, if that since it's up to whoever sees the picture. I went to another boutique on the way home and they said the same thing so I called the 1800 number and they said it's a new policy to keep people from returning damaged bags...my question is how do they discern between "damaged" and defective bags? Shouldn't the manager be able to do this on site? I'm so irritated and this just topped off an already bad day...this gift meant a lot to me as we have been trying to conceive since Nov 2011 and now we have to stop because we're moving out of town and changing jobs/insurance so this new bag was kind of consoling if that makes sense...some happiness in my life....ugh sorry for the rant I'm in tears and just can't take any more bad news :rain:

:hugs: I am so sorry.

Have you used the bag yet ?( not that it matters bc the bag is defective )why I asked is they have a 14 day refund policy and a 30 day exchange policy .
You are definately in the 30 day exchange policy.
Take it back and use their policy against them.
Tell them if they don't give you a new bag or a credit ,you are going to leave the bag at the store , call you credit card company ( I hope you charged it .), tell them you want to exchange the bag and LV is going against their return policy and you want to dispute the charge .

DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER !

Have you used the bag yet ?( not that it matters bc the bag is defective )why I asked is they have a 14 day refund policy and a 30 day exchange policy .
You are definately in the 30 day exchange policy.
Take it back and use their policy against them.
Tell them if they don't give you a new bag or a credit ,you are going to leave the bag at the store , call you credit card company ( I hope you charged it .), tell them you want to exchange the bag and LV is going against their return policy and you want to dispute the charge .

DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER !

Yeah and the funny thing is a couple days ago I posted here regarding the flaking glaze where the gold rings sit and everyone here said it's normal...then today I find that piece missing from the same side where the glaze is cracking...clearly that side just wasn't done properly...I just can't believe they would even suggest "repairing" a two week old bag! I don't want a Frankenstein bag, taken apart and sewn together, repainted etc. in less than a month after I drop $1k for it! I will never buy LV again if they don't exchange it...I may be chump change compared to other buyers but this is crazy...

Yeah and the funny thing is a couple days ago I posted here regarding the flaking glaze where the gold rings sit and everyone here said it's normal...then today I find that piece missing from the same side where the glaze is cracking...clearly that side just wasn't done properly...I just can't believe they would even suggest "repairing" a two week old bag! I don't want a Frankenstein bag, taken apart and sewn together, repainted etc. in less than a month after I drop $1k for it! I will never buy LV again if they don't exchange it...I may be chump change compared to other buyers but this is crazy...

It's not chump change to me ! I have to save to buy my bags which is why I wouldn't accept it .
Even though you don't want to repair it , ( they should give you a new bag ), if they are dead set against giving you one ( which it seems like they are)-
Ask them to send the bag away for an evaluation . Sometimes when the store suggests a repair ,quality control will approve a new bag ( usually due to how long the bag has been owned ).
If not, take the offer of a repair ( as long as it's free ) but ask them what is the next course of action if it happens again . ( tell them if it happens again ,a repair won't be acceptable.
Good luck and keep us posted !

I "Honest to GOD" OP, meaning NO disrespect, I cannot see anything other than "normal wear and tear" of a vachetta part on a Louis Vuitton handbag. It seems like there are a bunch of threads lately on what is considered a "defect"...be it a "spot", a "thread" an mm off, or questionable "misalignment" of canvas. These bags are hand sewn and stitched. One is not "supposed" to look exactly like the other, they are unique. Certainly, if they are used and worn as there are intended to be, they will show such usage. I'll be interested in what management has to say about this one.:thinking: