Should I take my 2 week old bag to LV?

DamierLover said:
I "Honest to GOD" OP, meaning NO disrespect, I cannot see anything other than "normal wear and tear" of a vachetta part on a Louis Vuitton handbag. It seems like there are a bunch of threads lately on what is considered a "defect"...be it a "spot", a "thread" an mm off, or questionable "misalignment" of canvas. These bags are hand sewn and stitched. One is not "supposed" to look exactly like the other, they are unique. Certainly, if they are used and worn as there are intended to be, they will show such usage. I'll be interested in what management has to say about this one.:thinking:

Right but this isnt a out of place stitch or misalignment this is a big chunk of lining falling off the bag with 2 weeks of use which consist of me carrying my bag into work from the car and back again. This was already deemed abnormal and a defect by the manager - that was never a question. The question is whether they'll replace or repair it.

You know what's really sad is the handbag is canvas and leather and truth be told the darn thing costs maybe $50 dollars to make in material and a little more to pay the workers...they should just replace it

Have you used the bag yet ?( not that it matters bc the bag is defective )why I asked is they have a 14 day refund policy and a 30 day exchange policy .
You are definately in the 30 day exchange policy.
Take it back and use their policy against them.
Tell them if they don't give you a new bag or a credit ,you are going to leave the bag at the store , call you credit card company ( I hope you charged it .), tell them you want to exchange the bag and LV is going against their return policy and you want to dispute the charge .

DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER !

good advice.

there is a problem i can think of however. LV being LV, they are rather fussy with that and might say that the bag has been used and they cannot sell the good that are not in re-saleable condition because its been used... just in case they say this, prepare for a counter.

but to be honest, you should received a replacement! since its been only 2 weeks , your best bet if they doesn't replace it this time around is to ask for an escalation. ask who you can speak to, to be able to resolve this problem, as you merely want a replacement bag. i'm guessing its their PR or Operation Manager or something like that.

I "Honest to GOD" OP, meaning NO disrespect, I cannot see anything other than "normal wear and tear" of a vachetta part on a Louis Vuitton handbag. It seems like there are a bunch of threads lately on what is considered a "defect"...be it a "spot", a "thread" an mm off, or questionable "misalignment" of canvas. These bags are hand sewn and stitched. One is not "supposed" to look exactly like the other, they are unique. Certainly, if they are used and worn as there are intended to be, they will show such usage. I'll be interested in what management has to say about this one.:thinking:

It's 2 weeks old! that is rather unacceptable don't you think?

We all due respect. but how do you think any other bag is made? they don't exactly "stamp" the thing out you know?

As the OP said, "This was already deemed abnormal and a defect by the manager - that was never a question. The question is whether they'll replace or repair it."

You know what's really sad is the handbag is canvas and leather and truth be told the darn thing costs maybe $50 dollars to make in material and a little more to pay the workers...they should just replace it

agreed! :yes:

Hello all,

I bought my bag two weekends ago and noticed today a big chip in the glazing. This is totally unacceptable to me however is it normal for this bag? Am I being sensitive? What should I do? I really don't want to send a practically brand new bag for repair...this never happened to my speedy...

View attachment 1824564

Oh how awful- they should exchange the bag. It may be defect
Is this the totally bag?
I appreciate you sharing this- I have heard quality control had had issues it's folks like you that speak up that will fix these problems
Let's us know how it turns out
If you have trouble I have a name at lv corporate that you could take your case too. Good luck.

Thanks so much! I will take you up on that if come 12:30 and I get repair-only news from the manager. It's the Delightful PM...funny how I was just raving on other threads how my made in USA bag was perfect and flawless and etc and look what happened! Assuming the same person and workmanship was used when applying the glaze to all areas of this bag its safe to assume it could peel in other areas. So a repair is totally out of the question for me if going by something more than principle. I understand these bags aren't made of voodoo or gold and they're bound to get some wear and tear but for something like this to happen so soon and without a simple apology and exchange...it's really pathetic for a luxury brand. I know I'm just ranting now but I gotta vent somewhere :smile:

benswife2007 said:

Lol my husband told me that - to the dollar- when we were checking out! Me: oh no honey these are good quality bags blah blah etc...he's pretty annoyed to say the least!!

totally agree with everyone!!!! this is not normal for a 2 week old bag!!! don't take NO for an answer... demand to talk to some one else... this bag should be exchange to another one or a credit note to chose something else if you wish!!!! these bags are not cheap ( to me $8oo.oo and up) is a lot of money for a BAG!!! but if i ( and others) are willing to pay that for it......then we should at least get a bag that's not falling apart!!! go back very polite... but if they continue to not make you happy... go in to tiger mode :graucho:!!!! and don't back down!!!!

Definitely exchange it. It is normal wear, but it should't happen immediately after purchasing. It's normal for Monogram pieces to loose it's red glazing over time, but this process mostly takes about a few years! Good luck! :flowers:

So to update you all the manager called me today and said the quality control contact said it was okay to exchange for a new bag thank God! I read too many horror story threads the past few hours and was really depressed about what I thought would happen but they surprisingly came through. I went after work and exchanged and the manager was really, really nice about it despite me not being so nice yesterday. This really made a bad week sooo much better and am grateful for having the purse forum to vent to and get support from!

So to update you all the manager called me today and said the quality control contact said it was okay to exchange for a new bag thank God! I read too many horror story threads the past few hours and was really depressed about what I thought would happen but they surprisingly came through. I went after work and exchanged and the manager was really, really nice about it despite me not being so nice yesterday. This really made a bad week sooo much better and am grateful for having the purse forum to vent to and get support from!

YEAH !!! You can't see but I'm doing my happy dance for you !!!:biggrin:

I was about to post to tell you not to take no for an answer, but it looks like everything worked out. I have carried my Delightful a ton over the past year and a half with none of the issues you had with your bag. I'm glad they did the right thing. SO happy for you!

lenaofdc said:

I'm so glad to hear your happy ending. :smile:

Thanks everyone for your support! I'm so thankful it turned out well...I know it's a material possession but it's nice to have something go right during difficult times!