Should i swap? Chanel vs Dior

May 2, 2012
Hi tpfers!

I am having a slight dilemma.. I have CWC black caviar shw, white gst and a black jumbo caviar ghw. My sis have a blue lady Dior which I'm thinking swapping her for the black CWC. What do you all think?

Attachments

• image-334779504.jpg
    image-334779504.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 1,047
  • image-1590102239.jpg
    image-1590102239.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 1,048
Wow, what a difficult dilemma. But lucky you that you have the opportunity to make the choice. I think it really depends on what you have in mind and how you use your purses. Are they for pure enjoyment, for fashion, for investment, for all of the above?

My own expierence has been that I buy my purses mostly for fashion and what makes my heart smile. Having said that I have two limited Diors and I'm about to get rid of them. I haven't used, and I don't think I can come close to recupping my investment - even though I have the original boxes, dust bags, authencity cards and proof of the limited editions. My Chanels - they always seems to hold their value, even though I have used most of them. JMHO.

Let us know what you decide! Good luck its a very fun choice to be able to make.

The color of that Lady Dior is to die for! However much I love the look of this bag, I find the top opening to be difficult to get in and out of. I only checked it out at the boutique and don't know if the leather relaxes a lot over time. That would be my only hesitation with that bag.

I would swap a Clutch on a Chain for that stunning Lady Dior anytime. Lady Dior is a classic, iconic bag, and it's lovely in that color. It's also a full bag, not just a clutch, and therefore it's not a classic flap bag that will be the "investment" piece that your jumbo is. But you have to go with what you love, not with what others like or say; go with what makes you fall in love. To me, I love that LD (and the opening does get easier over time from a brand new bag), but I'm not you. :smile: