Should I step away?

pieang9

Nov 27, 2008
Hello everyone,

I haven't been posting in a while because of school. Last year, I purchased my first Hermes (Kelly 35 in Rouge Garrance) and became additcted to H. I also purchased a few scarves and twilly. I'm now on a waiting list for an Etoupe Birkin 35 (3rd one on my SA's list). Last month, my SA offer me a Cafe Birkin 35, but I didn't take it. I know it's gonna be a while before I get a call from my SA.

I just got a call from my SA at NM regarding CHANEL Valentine collection. She had two bags on hold for me to see. Also NM sent out special invitation for the EGC. I said I will stop buying Chanel and save up for more Hermes since Chanel quality is nothing compare to Hermes, but I couldn't help looking at those cute Heart charms and the gift card. What should I do? BTW, I also purchased a Chanel Jumbo patent in Burgendy last month. Can someone set me straight, please................. I need help staying on the Orange side.

Nan

You do not sound like someone who really needs to choose.

One is fashion the other is classic. There will always be a Birkin, may never be another Chanel Valentine collection. Good luck!

Step away from the chanel counter, put the chanel hearts charms type bag down. Remember it is better to buy what your heart desires initally, it is cheaper in the long run!!!

I am joking if you want the chanel get the chanel, as long as it makes you truly happy!

ITA with Mooks. I haven't seen the appeal of Chanel except for 1-2 bags in a loooong time. BUT then again my TPF name is LittleH not DoubleC.... So it figures that I would recommend you to step away from the Chanel and focus!

Another thing... It is incredible the amount of money the little accessories go for (I am a total fan of the H accessory so I know what I'm talking about!) and if you start adding up the Chanel Heart Charms + any small goodies you are thinking of buying to make your wait easier, it soon makes quite a large sum...

I go through this too, with Chanel ESP when I'm waiting on a PO. I've strayed but usually end up trading or selling them later - after not wearing them! So I'm probably the wrong girl to ask as my H willpower fades around quality patent leather like Chanels!

When faced with a similiar situation (I am often tempted by LV!) I now ask myself if I will still want the H bag more than the other brand and if the other brand bag is just a substitute because it's available right now. (Usually it is!) I am hoping to get another Kelly (maybe the end of this year or next year) and when I am tempted I remind myself of all the LV/other brands I've bought that I've barely carried once I got my 1st Kelly. I know that I wasted money buying those other bags because my :heart: belongs to the Kelly. It's funny, I didn't feel like this until I got my grail. :shrugs:
That said, if the Chanel makes your heart sing and you feel like you can't live without it, go for it! :biggrin:

I kept say this to myself, "No Nan NO.":shame: So far, it seems to be working, but my inner kid in me that still saying that Valentine flap is so cute just get it. I guess I will have to call my SA tomorrow after much thoughts. I still really want my Birkin. I have to remind myself how much I really want the Birkin. Thank you everyone!

When faced with a similiar situation (I am often tempted by LV!) I now ask myself if I will still want the H bag more than the other brand and if the other brand bag is just a substitute because it's available right now. (Usually it is!) I am hoping to get another Kelly (maybe the end of this year or next year) and when I am tempted I remind myself of all the LV/other brands I've bought that I've barely carried once I got my 1st Kelly. I know that I wasted money buying those other bags because my :heart: belongs to the Kelly. It's funny, I didn't feel like this until I got my grail. :shrugs:
That said, if the Chanel makes your heart sing and you feel like you can't live without it, go for it! :biggrin:

I totally agree with cb, if you really love it , get it!
Hermes isnt the be all and end all, there are still lovely bags and small leather goods out there. Just try to stop and think, and make sure they are not impulse buys that will only satisfy you for a short time.
People make mistakes with H too, by the way!!

As a Chanel wearer myself...I see urge to stray back....but hold out and stay the course, your Birkin may come sooner than you think! I really think you will wear the Birkin more on a day to day basis.....hence it will be cheaper in the long run.

Lol u made me re-visit the chanel website and they do have some fab new bags! (lol dont worry people im not straying any time soon :P) but I really think you should do whatever you want, and if your heart is currently calling for Chanel maybe you should go for it
Nobody shoot me :P

i get the urge to stray, lately back to LV, because it's jsut so "affordable" compared to H....and it's readily available....then i get my H, and sell the Lv's, because i realize i was just satisfying my need for instant gratification when what really satisfies me forever is Hermes....everything else just tides me over....it's a vicious cycle....wait, buy LV, get H, sell LV :nuts: i'm seriously nuts....so how does my littlel diatribe help you??? ask yourself what is truly motivating your urge to buy chanel, or any bag for that matter, because you truly love it, or the buying it makes you feel better????

Are you shopping for the Chanel bag to get a bag for the sake of getting a bag -- satisfy an urge? Do you love the Chanel bag? Let's say you got the Chanel bag and then a week later you get a phone call from Hermes saying they have you bag (stranger things have happened) and you don't have the funds and you have to walk away from it; what will you think, how will you feel? The gift card is really there to get you to purchase more things than you were planning to anyway, it's a way for store to increase sales. Think long and hard about it, write out a pros and cons list to be objective in your decision making. Good luck!

As you might understanad we are at this forum a bit biast towards H, I would say if your heart sing for it maybe but otherwise it is just a substiute because its available now. So my recomendation is stay of the C counter and focus on your future H bag!