Should I splurge and get the empreinte Artsy MM or Lumineuse PM in Aube (purple)

azngal

O.G.
Jun 12, 2010
I'm obsessing over this. I keep thinking it is the price of 3 Neverful bags! And is it just trendy to buy a purple leather bag and I'll regret it later when it is out of style? My DH says I'm nuts considering it. It is definitely a splurge, and while I can afford it off my own income, I feel bad spending above my normal $1500 limit per luxury bag. DH says I should just get the small Azur Galleria and call it a day, since it is more practical and likely to stay in style longer...but the purple leather is calling me...and this line is real leather not canvas, so I feel like it really is worth more.

Help me decide!

And Artsy versus Lumi???

I have the Aube Artsy and love it! It looks great with all my clothes this winter and I'll also use it with some spring/summer neutrals. It's such a beautiful bag and adds a real POP to any outfit! Worth the splurge, IMO.

I think the Aube is beautiful and is a dark and rich enough colour to be considered more classic than trendy so I'd say go for it. However, I must confess that I am biased as I'm planning on getting one too lol
As for Artsy or Lumi - I have two Lumis which I totally love but it really depends on what purpose you want the bag to serve. I want the Aube as an Artsy because I want a statement bag with this one and the Artsy is very striking. However I got the Lumis first because I love how versatile they are both as far as dressing up and down is concerned as well as in terms of carry options. Just as an aside, I've found the empreinte leather to be well worth the money - its really durable and although it starts out very stiff, it does soften with use but still manages to handle all weather conditions and look good as new. GLD!

Thanks ladies. Do you find the Artsy actually bothers you when you carry it on your shoulder? I'm not a big girl, but when I tried the Artsy in the store wearing a coat, it felt uncomfortable and I felt that I was rubbing up against the leather with my underside of my arm.

I don't have an Artsy yet so I'm not best placed to answer this but I did do a fair bit of reading around the bag before deciding that I really wanted one and from what I hear, it seems that its one of the worst bags to try before its broken in, for that very reason. I've read a lot of other TPFers suggest that you put all your things in the bag and hang it on a door handle to help break it in and once that happens, its a lot more comfortable.

I'm obsessing over this. I keep thinking it is the price of 3 Neverful bags! And is it just trendy to buy a purple leather bag and I'll regret it later when it is out of style? My DH says I'm nuts considering it. It is definitely a splurge, and while I can afford it off my own income, I feel bad spending above my normal $1500 limit per luxury bag. DH says I should just get the small Azur Galleria and call it a day, since it is more practical and likely to stay in style longer...but the purple leather is calling me...and this line is real leather not canvas, so I feel like it really is worth more.

Help me decide!

And Artsy versus Lumi???

I love the artsy empreinte, so my vote is for the artsy. Just for your info, there will be new color (fuschia...yes, fuschia) for empreinte next March/April, plus the new style and I am definitely in for the new fuschia Artsy.

I love the artsy empreinte, so my vote is for the artsy. Just for your info, there will be new color (fuschia...yes, fuschia) for empreinte next March/April, plus the new style and I am definitely in for the new fuschia Artsy.

Wow - fuschia Artsy sounds beautiful. But I would still choose the Aube - such a beautiful colour on the understated Artsy. I prefer Infini for the Lumi - very classy and versatile! Good Luck!! :biggrin:

Oh My Gosh!!! Really?! Now this may change all my plans! I was planning on the Aube Artsy and a fuchsia epi but a fuchsia empreinte sounds too good to pass up. Did you hear any more about what kind of style the new bag will be? Thanks for letting us know cali_moon, you're always ahead of the pack on news :smile:

I think the artsy in aube is gorgeous! I am hoping to add the artsy in flamme to my own collection :biggrin: i think at the aube is such a rich and sumptuous color that it will not go out of style. Plus, you wouldnt have to worry anout the color transfer issues you would have with the azur galliera!

Oh My Gosh!!! Really?! Now this may change all my plans! I was planning on the Aube Artsy and a fuchsia epi but a fuchsia empreinte sounds too good to pass up. Did you hear any more about what kind of style the new bag will be? Thanks for letting us know cali_moon, you're always ahead of the pack on news :smile:

Thanks Cupcakequeen. I am too obsessed with LV that I am constantly searching, asking, requesting (my SA and LV corporate are going insane with my questions). Yes the fuschia empreinte is lovely, not bright pink, kind of like the mahina grenade, perfect color for shoulder bag and for spring. By the way, ladies, please save up, the next quarter will be very colorful in term of LV bags, slgs releases: epi, vernis, empreinte, even Mahina. There are new styles, bags with long strap or with optional long strap, there will be neverfull in Idille (can't remember spelling). I am anxiously waiting to see new colors for SC, Empreinte and Mahina (new style like hobo with optional long strap)...Gosh! Next quarter will be bad for my wallet. Have to save now.:biggrin:

Does anyone get annoyed by the lack of construction for the Artsy in Empriente (floppy)?....at least with the canvas version of the Artsy, the bag stands up by itself pretty well.

Thanks Cupcakequeen. I am too obsessed with LV that I am constantly searching, asking, requesting (my SA and LV corporate are going insane with my questions). Yes the fuschia empreinte is lovely, not bright pink, kind of like the mahina grenade, perfect color for shoulder bag and for spring. By the way, ladies, please save up, the next quarter will be very colorful in term of LV bags, slgs releases: epi, vernis, empreinte, even Mahina. There are new styles, bags with long strap or with optional long strap, there will be neverfull in Idille (can't remember spelling). I am anxiously waiting to see new colors for SC, Empreinte and Mahina (new style like hobo with optional long strap)...Gosh! Next quarter will be bad for my wallet. Have to save now.:biggrin:

Wow, thanks for sharing all the intel, cali_moon!

Does anyone get annoyed by the lack of construction for the Artsy in Empriente (floppy)?....at least with the canvas version of the Artsy, the bag stands up by itself pretty well.

Go for an Aube Artsy - it's such a beautiful bag. I have a Flamme Artsy and I love it, I wasn't so sure about it at first but it's got great interior pockets and slouches nicely when you've got your things in it (vs. trying it on empty at the boutique.) Good luck deciding, I'm looking forward to your reveal.