Should I? Shouldn't I?

1. I'm considering getting the handles/chaps/tags replaced on my Cerises Speedy 25. I was thinking about keeping it as a display piece along with its original receipts. With that being said, I would like to get some opinions before I get a quote on the replacement. What do you guys think? Would it be worth it for me to do so? Does the patina look terrible? Thanks!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. Looks beautiful to me, a bag with history.

PurseAddict728 likes this.
  3. I would only get the leather replaced if you plan on using the bag. But it would totally be worth it.

CornishMon and Hotsauna like this.
  4. Would only replace if the leather was somehow torn. Maybe wipe it with some baby wipes? It's a lovely patina.

5. Only if you are prepared for the possibility that the repair could be disappointing or even a disaster. I guess it depends how attached you are to this limited edition item. If it were still in production that would be a different story.

muddledmint likes this.
  6. I think its absolutely adorable, look at the facial expressions on the cherries, it does not look that worn out.
    If it is limited edition maybe dont touch it, or at least be 100% sure that the repairer can guarantee no serious damage

SakuraSakura likes this.
  7. You're thinking of putting the receipts on display?

Really?

muddledmint likes this.
  8. I would see if there is anyway you can improve the conditions of the handles first before replacing, as this would be easier, less risk and cheaper. Like the others say, it is a great bag that has been well loved and a lot of history, and the handles show that too!

SakuraSakura likes this.
  9. I love mine, hardly use it and it have very nice patina. The handle is kinda of dark but it’s a bag with history. DO NOT USE BABY WIPS!!! it will dry up the leather. I would leave the way it is. Let us know the cost if u do plan on replacing it.

SakuraSakura likes this.
  10. Along with the purse, yes. It is a piece of history. I was able to find mine with the receipts. That's pretty special. If you do not have any advice don't comment.

Annawakes and PurseAddict728 like this.
  11. Thank you everyone for your advice. I will see what I can do before I get a quote on it.

12. #12 Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    How much you paid = "special history"

Sure.

It's also tacky and classless to put that on display.

MWTexan likes this.
  13. New vachetta on a vintage design in order to preserve its "history" is frankly a weird concept. You're undoing its history, by definition, by removing its authentic original leather and authentic usage.

In any collectibles market, fidelity to what the object started out as is objectively best, and monkeying with it is objectively less desirable--particularly true in cases where change was made just as a matter of choice, vs. a need for preservation purposes.

14. I was just going to type this, but not as well. :smile:
    If you want to preserve its history with your tags and receipt then changing the leather changes the look of your bag and the entire history it has. I would leave it alone. It looks in good condition. Altering an item does, in fact, make it less desirable for collectors.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice