Should I send the fake back before I get my refund?

Ok she has refunded me. Can I consider this as case closed? Or not?
If you went through Paypal they should tell you the next step. i did find out last week due to a similar thing that it is illegal to send counterfeit items through the post. Paypal told me this. So I would get advice before doing anything with the bag...

Can I ask a related question? If a bag turns out to be fake, shouldn't the seller be responsible for any fees incurred with it being shipped back to them, or is a buyer pushing their luck in demanding that? I don't shop on ebay - was burned early on by too many fakes and now I don't trust anyone - but a friend bought a bag that turned out to be fake and I told her I'd ask around on tpf for advice on how to handle it (and this thread seemed to cover most of the questions).

Legally the seller wants the bag back so evidence is not in your hands but if you aren't going to push that issue, sending the bag back with proof of it being returned is probably the only way to get your money back.
YES, all your money should be returned.
Be sure it is fake though!!!! Claiming someone sold you a fake handbag when it is not can be a lawsuit against you for defamation of charactor and hurting their business.

Let me know how it turns out!
I am rooting for you and
if it were me,
I would send it to the legal department of the handbag MAKER and let their legal team take action.

She didnt refund me the shipping portion and I offered to send the bag back on my a/c. For me, I am just glad I got most of the money back and didnt want anymore delays. Arguing for the shipping cost would be exhausting.