should i sell this coin zip wallet?

juicygirl82

Jul 17, 2009
hi guys,

i need help. i am debating whether i should sell this small zip wallet. it is in gorgeous condition as i only got it a few months ago. the reason i was thinking about selling it is because it is not as functional as i was hoping it would be, especially with coins, lol. i bought it for a little over $500 with tax from the chanel boutique. Fashionphile gave me a quote of $400. do you guys think this is reasonable or should i just hold onto it for the time being? this isn't a pic of mine as i am not at home at the moment but i found this on google and it is identical to mine.

chanel-chanel-classic-lambskin-zip-around-coin-purse-19897096-1-0.jpg

I personally think they gave you a reasonable quote. But if you're not comfortable with it, hold onto it for a bit. Who knows you may discover later on that you actually find it useful. :smile:
Thanks, I haven't really sold anything so I needed reassurance. I might sit on it for a little just to make sure I won't have regrets.

Good quote IMO. I don't keep anything I don't LOVE anymore!
You are so right, swanky. I was thinking about selling it and putting the money towards a new wallet that I will love. I do love the look of this wallet but I get annoyed when I am at the check stand because I feel like I am holding up the line. Being OCD and type A, I think I need something with like a zippered coin part and card slots :/

Reactions: Swanky
You are so right, swanky. I was thinking about selling it and putting the money towards a new wallet that I will love. I do love the look of this wallet but I get annoyed when I am at the check stand because I feel like I am holding up the line. Being OCD and type A, I think I need something with like a zippered coin part and card slots :/

this is technically a coin purse.... so it actually does hold coins! what i do is a fold my bills in half and put it in the compartment in the very back along with my coins, then my loyalty cards are in the middle compartment and my most used 4 cards (including DL) in the front compartment. i actually LOVE this style the most, i find it not too bulky and very functional. it's secure bc it zips close and is compact to fit into both my mini's (square and rectangle). but if you don't personally love it, then you already know your answer. :smile:

oh and i wanted to add that in terms of functionality, while Chanel holds my heart, i have to say that the SLG team over at LV are geniuses!!! i was looking at adding the victorine wallet to my collection next bc it just looks so compact and extremely functional! you should check it out lol.

this is technically a coin purse.... so it actually does hold coins! what i do is a fold my bills in half and put it in the compartment in the very back along with my coins, then my loyalty cards are in the middle compartment and my most used 4 cards (including DL) in the front compartment. i actually LOVE this style the most, i find it not too bulky and very functional. it's secure bc it zips close and is compact to fit into both my mini's (square and rectangle). but if you don't personally love it, then you already know your answer. :smile:

oh and i wanted to add that in terms of functionality, while Chanel holds my heart, i have to say that the SLG team over at LV are geniuses!!! i was looking at adding the victorine wallet to my collection next bc it just looks so compact and extremely functional! you should check it out lol.

Agree that LV designs very functional slgs [emoji108] just wish chanel had the same designs and I'd be their slg slave lol

Reactions: juicygirl82
I just bought this exact same SLG! I use it for cards only so I get good use out of it. If I were you, I would wait a little to sell. Yes it's a fair quote but your tastes could change and you might regret it. This is coming from someone who has sold a lot to Fashionphile!

I just bought this exact same SLG! I use it for cards only so I get good use out of it. If I were you, I would wait a little to sell. Yes it's a fair quote but your tastes could change and you might regret it. This is coming from someone who has sold a lot to Fashionphile!
lol, i totally agree with you! i had it in caviar and sold that to fashionphile and then missed it, so i re-bought it in lambskin...i think i shall wait.

that's a good quote. was that for buyout? maybe do consignment with them instead and you could get a bit more, if you're willing to wait for a sale. or, perhaps gift it to someone special?
yeah that was the price for buyout...i think consignment was like $50 more. in your opinion, do you think if i waited awhile, like six months say, would the value most likely go up, down, or stay the same?

do your coins go into the other slots by accident? if you don't mind, can you please post a picture of your setup?? i am really curious because i really do love the compactness of this coin purse....

and you are right about louis vuitton, i am currently using the damier azur emilie wallet :heart:

yeah that was the price for buyout...i think consignment was like $50 more. in your opinion, do you think if i waited awhile, like six months say, would the value most likely go up, down, or stay the same?
this is just my opinion, but most likely down or stay the same, and it'd have to still be new/unused. wallets and slgs (unless limited edition styles) don't really go up in value like bags. fashionphile quotes are good for 30 days so take your time deciding. you can also look on fashionphile to see if that type of item is selling or if they have many sitting on the site discounted

I bought the same purse last year, I had to buy it cos my bigger one didn't fit properly in the flap bag I bought. It's not my day to day one, I only use it if I am out at night - bank card, spare cash etc.

this is just my opinion, but most likely down or stay the same, and it'd have to still be new/unused. wallets and slgs (unless limited edition styles) don't really go up in value like bags. fashionphile quotes are good for 30 days so take your time deciding. you can also look on fashionphile to see if that type of item is selling or if they have many sitting on the site discounted

Thank you for always giving me such great advice with all of my various Chanel sheninanigans lol!

I bought the same purse last year, I had to buy it cos my bigger one didn't fit properly in the flap bag I bought. It's not my day to day one, I only use it if I am out at night - bank card, spare cash etc.

I think that's what I need to use it for as well. Right now I am using my LV Neverfull so maybe I will just switch it to a larger wallet for the time being. Also, I don't know if you encountered this issue but another reason I was considering it is because my cash will always get stuck in the zipper!! But I think I just need to reorganize it and try it again It really is a gorgeous compact wallet!