Should I sell this beauty?

Jan 4, 2011
I'm thinking about selling this beauty and wanted to get input from you lovely TPFers. I bought this bag a few years ago on a bit of a whim, and now am considering letting it go. My considerations are as follows:

Keep:
- hello, the bag is GORGEOUS.
- it's in really good condition.

Sell:
- it's the least used among my bags. It's heavy and doesn't really fit a lot of stuff, at least not for day-to-day. I've probably only used it 5 times in the last year.
- the color is not really my style. I tend towards neutrals: black, navy, taupe, olive/army green, bordeaux/oxblood. If this was in black, I'd have a tougher time thinking about letting it go.

Thoughts?

img_1274-jpg.1419947

Reactions: Ashleym
Such a lovely piece you have.. this is a tough decision... this bag is sought after by chanel lovers.. but I think if you're not using it as much better let it go..or maybe keep it for a while and reconsider? But at the end of the day whatever you think is best! Imho..hth:heart::heart::heart:

I'm thinking about selling this beauty and wanted to get input from you lovely TPFers. I bought this bag a few years ago on a bit of a whim, and now am considering letting it go. My considerations are as follows:

Keep:
- hello, the bag is GORGEOUS.
- it's in really good condition.

Sell:
- it's the least used among my bags. It's heavy and doesn't really fit a lot of stuff, at least not for day-to-day. I've probably only used it 5 times in the last year.
- the color is not really my style. I tend towards neutrals: black, navy, taupe, olive/army green, bordeaux/oxblood. If this was in black, I'd have a tougher time thinking about letting it go.

Thoughts?

img_1274-jpg.1419947
Wow, this is a vintage collector's dream... It looks almost mint condition, and for older caviar bags, it's one of the best I've seen... There is definitely a demand and market out there for this bag, so if you do decide to sell it, make sure you get what you want for it... I totally get what you're saying about the color, Chanel reds are tough, you either love the particular shade, or... I thought you were going to show us a CF jumbo, or something more common.. This is a tough one though, I guess if it were mine I would really base the majority of my decision upon- "Am I using the bag often?", "Do I love the bag, and would I honestly regret parting with it?" If I answered no to both, I would let it go to on to greener pastures..IMO. Good luck with your decision, and thanks for sharing your beautiful vintage with us!

Reactions: DBLover318
I have this bag in black and although I don't use it much now as it no longer suits my lifestyle with 2 kids but it's not to say when the kids grow up, I won't go back to it. I had also contemplated letting this bag go but I just couldn't do it.

i shop vintage chanel a lot and see this one (in black) on resale all the time. i think, in red, you'd be able to sell it off easily. if it was black you might want to hold on to it but in red, it's probably best to sell, especially if it's not really your style. managing heavy bags gets worse as we age, not better, so the longer you hold onto it the less you'll love it, imo

Reactions: Beignetsandbags
I'd sell it if I was you. The bag is gorgeous but if you haven't used it much, it might suit someone else who may make a lot more use of it.
Moreover, once you sell it, you'd be able to treat yourself to something much more suitable to your lifestyle :smile:

Reactions: Nerja