Should I sell my Trendy CC for this seasonal bag?

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
Hi all,

I bought a Trendy CC about a year ago. I love it but haven’t used it much, only a handful of times (it still has the stickers on - lol!). I’ve not used it much due to the Covid situation as I’m not going out as much, just essential outings really, and to work, so I’ve been using my WOC. Also, it’s not really a grab and go bag as it’s lambskin.

Last time I was in the boutique this bag caught my eye. I really love it. My SA told me it was calfskin not lamb. I love how it looks classic and vintage but also modern, and I love the gold hardware against the black and the flat quilts. I’ve not been able to get it out of my head.

Shall I sell my Trendy to fund this? I don’t know if this bag would be annoying to wear as the top handle looks rigid. I would want to use it as a casual every day bag. Also, I do tend to be very fickle - I love something one minute then go off it, and then sometimes go back on it! Lol! Do you think this bag is too seasonal-looking and might be hard to sell later down the line if I got tired of it? Also for anyone who owns it are there any cons to it?

Would love to know your thoughts, particularly if you own this bag, or if you own both! TIA.

D5E609F8-44E4-4AED-AC03-BBCA13381400.jpeg

Last edited:
If you don’t wear your trendy much and you’re searching for a everyday bag go for it. I like it. But I think resale value is better with trendy cc. The trendy is heavy I heard. I don’t personally like the Chanel Gold Bain on the trendy cc . I really like the look of this particular bag

Thanks for all your comments. It seems like you all love the Trendy! As much as I love that seasonal bag and can’t get it out of my head, I do agree that if I got sick of it and sold it in a few years it wouldn’t hold its value. Buying it in another colour is a good suggestion but I think it changes the whole look of the bag. I prefer the black. I want a white or beige bag but think this style would look a bit “old lady” in those colours.

Hi all,

I bought a Trendy CC about a year ago. I love it but haven’t used it much, only a handful of times (it still has the stickers on - lol!). I’ve not used it much due to the Covid situation as I’m not going out as much, just essential outings really, and to work, so I’ve been using my WOC. Also, it’s not really a grab and go bag as it’s lambskin.

Last time I was in the boutique this bag caught my eye. I really love it. My SA told me it was calfskin not lamb. I love how it looks classic and vintage but also modern, and I love the gold hardware against the black and the flat quilts. I’ve not been able to get it out of my head.

Shall I sell my Trendy to fund this? I don’t know if this bag would be annoying to wear as the top handle looks rigid. I would want to use it as a casual every day bag. Also, I do tend to be very fickle - I love something one minute then go off it, and then sometimes go back on it! Lol! Do you think this bag is too seasonal-looking and might be hard to sell later down the line if I got tired of it? Also for anyone who owns it are there any cons to it?

Would love to know your thoughts, particularly if you own this bag, or if you own both! TIA.

View attachment 4877933
I don’t like that seasonal bag , the handle looks awkward to me.

The trendy CC is a very elegant bag and I’m like you after the Covid I rarely use my bags it’s just the WOC ( caanvasnot from Chanel ) that I use regularly.

so, I suggest keep your trendy CC ,in the future I think you’ll use it a lot.