Should I sell my rectangular mini and buy a jumbo classic flap? Will it look too big on me?

Liala

Jul 18, 2018
I'm thinking of selling my rectangular mini for a jumbo classic flap. I'm not 100% sure I want to go through with it, however, I've only used it a handful of times since 2018. What do you guys think? Will the jumbo look weird on me? I'm 5'4 120 lbs approximately. Thanks in advance for the input!

WbVYerp.jpg

Reactions: vscalvini
I'm not sure how the sizes are in the new versions, my jumbo is a vintage 13", there were 10", 11" and maybe 12" versions in the vintage when I researched to buy one. I cut the dimensions on a piece of paper and checked the size on me that way. im 5'6", and i wanted a larger size for work. Find out the sizes available and see how you go from there.

Reactions: vscalvini and Liala
Have you tried it in store? I'm 5'6.5 and a US size 8 in clothes and the jumbo looks very proportionate to my frame. Also keep in mind the jumbo is heavy, much heavier than the mini or even the ML, so that's also something to keep in mind.

If you do want to buy a jumbo though, now is a great time because jumbos aren't as popular anymore so the preloved market has many for relatively reasonable prices. You should be able to sell your caviar mini and get a jumbo without having to pay any more (and actually have money leftover).

I would keep the mini. The jumbo is heavy and less versatile than the mini. The mini can be used for many occasion- casual and formal. The jumbo looks like more of a daytime bag.
As I’ve gotten older, I prefer to carry less and enjoy the ease of using small bags...just something to consider.

wow you're going from one extreme to the next. i know the jumbo looks great and seems like that size could really fit many things but as some have mentioned, the jumbo is quite heavy on its own. i sold mine for that reason so i would ask that you consider wisely.

Reactions: earthygirl
Why did you bought the mini? Why don't you use the mini? Do you really want to get rid of it? Do you need to get rid of the mini in order to fund the jumbo? Why do you suddenly want a jumbo? Do you want to use this for a specific reason? If you didn't use the mini, why would you use the jumbo? Why did you skip all the sizes in between?

If you want to sell the mini and buy a jumbo, there are more things to consider than just how a jumbo will look.

Why did you bought the mini? Why don't you use the mini? Do you really want to get rid of it? Do you need to get rid of the mini in order to fund the jumbo? Why do you suddenly want a jumbo? Do you want to use this for a specific reason? If you didn't use the mini, why would you use the jumbo? Why did you skip all the sizes in between?

If you want to sell the mini and buy a jumbo, there are more things to consider than just how a jumbo will look.
Very helpful and valid points for you @Liala I would advise against selling the mini, these are not available now and you might regret later. If you decided you still want the jumbo, maybe try to save for it instead. Good luck!

Reactions: DAMER and Egel
I wonder what you ended up with @Liala? I am the same size as you and I have both the jumbo and the mini....I love both. The jumbo isn’t disproportionate because I’m not like extremely thin. I always wear it double strapped since I do think that the jumbo looks weird crossbody on my height.