Should I sell my Mulberry Blenheim?

muppy

Nov 26, 2005
I am considering selling my Mulberry Blenheim in pink. It was an impulse buy and while I really enjoy using it as it is very practical, I think it would be a good time to sell it while there is still a demand for the bag. Do you think this bag is kinda 'over' or is it a classic?

Really appreciate your opinons. Thanks! :huh:

Attachments

• 11260_index.jpg
    11260_index.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,429
I don't see why this bag couldn't be a classic for YOU. If you love it, it matches a lot of the clothes that you have, and feel that you'll wear it for years to come, why sell it?

I don't believe in "IT" bags. Why can't an "IT" bag be popular and "in" now but over and done with a few months later? I have bags that I've had and used for years. They might have been "in" a couple of years ago but I love them and use them all the time.

I say decide if you would REALLY use this bag in the future and then sell/don't sell it. But that's just my opinion!

It sounds like now is a good time to let it go, if you aren't using it and summer is right around the corner, now would be a good time to turn it into something you would use more. :biggrin:

I got that bag in error when I was trying for the Rosemary (which I eventually received) and I agree - it's way too small for an everyday bag! I returned mine -- It sounds like you know you won't really use it much -- I like the rosemary!

Loganz said:
It sounds like now is a good time to let it go, if you aren't using it and summer is right around the corner, now would be a good time to turn it into something you would use more. :biggrin:

I agree with this.

I bought an oak Blenheim early last year when I was desperate for a Roxy or a Paddington but couldn't find either:lol: . (Both bags were so rare back then!! )

I subsequently bought a chocolate Roxy and a tan paddy,so that i hardly use the Blenheim,but I find it so cute that I cannot part with it,now or ever,I think.

It is a bit too small for a work bag,but for a Saturday afternoon down the pub or on a terrace it's wonderful.

I think that you won't like the pink for that long,though,and it sounds as if you want it gone,so...now would be the time!

I don't like the Rosemary for some reason...too busy with all the straps and I don't like the proportions.

Just want to add,Muppy...you say you really enjoy using it...that is worth 100 times more than any kind of "it" status is may or may not have had.

And Mulberry bags are classics....the unembellished ones,that is.:biggrin:

I speak as a person who is currently ecstatic at having been relieved of one of the most hyped bags at the moment...because it just wasn't *me*.

QuirkyCool said:
Just want to add,Muppy...you say you really enjoy using it...that is worth 100 times more than any kind of "it" status is may or may not have had.

And Mulberry bags are classics....the unembellished ones,that is.:biggrin:

I speak as a person who is currently ecstatic at having been relieved of one of the most hyped bags at the moment...because it just wasn't *me*.

well, i want to build up my collection and i think my 'bag strategy' is to keep the classics forever and to sell the trendy bags while they are still in demand and use the money to fund other purchases...i'm just not sure if the blenheim is a classic because it is kinda 'complicated' in its design while many classic bags are rather simple (if you take the birkin, 2.55 etc by comparison). I like it, but i have other bags which i can use, so it is not like i can't live without it. I notice NAP already has this bag on sale for some time and am wondering if this is an indication that the trend is gone. I guess there are other bags whcih i want more than the blenheim, but i dun want to regret selling it... so am really looking for opinions...:unsure:

In that case,the Blenheim is certainly not on its way to becoming the next Birkin or 2.55. And if there is going to be a recognisable and valuable Mulberry classic in the future it'll be the Roxy or Bayswater.

So I vote sell.

You inspired me to wear my Blenheim today,and it was huge fun....plus everyone kept going "Oh cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute" :biggrin: