Should I sell my Montaigne GM?

Bag_Lady_75

May 6, 2019
Hi all..
I have a Montaigne Monogram GM in almost flawless condition that I may sell. I received a quote of $1250 (I paid around $2500) from fashionphile. I think its definitely low for the excellent condition it’s in. However it is a 5 year old bag that’s sitting in my closet. I was also recently told by my SA that they are discontinuing Montaigne soon, which the Soufflot is supposed to replace. Does anyone know if discontinued bags decrease in value? Anyone have thoughts or tips. I’ve never resold a bag before but unfortunately this one is sitting in my closet collecting dust. I have other bags and I just don’t find myself reaching for it anymore.

Attachments

• 404CF0F5-A067-423A-BA0B-7617B7DC7DE1.jpeg
    404CF0F5-A067-423A-BA0B-7617B7DC7DE1.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 182
  • C7682065-B8BF-4A44-B236-B09254AC4B57.jpeg
    C7682065-B8BF-4A44-B236-B09254AC4B57.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 181
  • 5940C5A4-1917-4FE2-8AD2-4FEC9FA41A30.jpeg
    5940C5A4-1917-4FE2-8AD2-4FEC9FA41A30.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 181
  • 5625A5FD-3E1A-4971-A05E-5EB0E1CE52BC.jpeg
    5625A5FD-3E1A-4971-A05E-5EB0E1CE52BC.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 180
Reactions: belaragon092768
Did you try other consignors/resellers? You could try to sell it yourself for more but there’s headaches with that...

Fashionphile is listing one now that’s made in France for $1675. I notice sometimes the MIF items are priced higher than their MIUSA counterparts. Fashionphile also has a great return policy so as a buyer I’d be more apt to buy it from them at that price than I would from you or another private seller at the same or even lesser price for the peace of mind & authenticity guarantee. Things to consider.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bag_Lady_75
Generally speaking discontinued = decrease in value. Maybe there are some exceptions like very sought after limited pieces but I don't know if this would be one of those.

The whole point of going to Fashionphile or other platforms is to avoid the headaches and work of selling it yourself...only you can decide if it's worth it. Yes FP can lowball offers sometimes, so try submitting for quotes at a couple other places to see if any of them are better. Also I've read that you sometimes getter a different quote when you resubmit some time later (no guarantee it goes up though). Regardless, getting some money is always better than having it do nothing but sit in your closet IMO.

Good luck!

Reactions: Bag_Lady_75
I sell my bags alot. You should definitely get more quotes from Couture USA and Yoogis Closet. Although Typically FP gives the highest offers. But sometimes Yoogis will be higher if you do consignment. Discontinued bags can actually sell for more depending the style. Based on FP's selling price their offer seems very good. They aren't making a huge profit. You will always make more selling direct to the buyer. Letgo and other apps allow you to sell locally for cash and not have to deal with ebay. HTH.

Hi all..
I have a Montaigne Monogram GM in almost flawless condition that I may sell. I received a quote of $1250 (I paid around $2500) from fashionphile. I think its definitely low for the excellent condition it’s in. However it is a 5 year old bag that’s sitting in my closet. I was also recently told by my SA that they are discontinuing Montaigne soon, which the Soufflot is supposed to replace. Does anyone know if discontinued bags decrease in value? Anyone have thoughts or tips. I’ve never resold a bag before but unfortunately this one is sitting in my closet collecting dust. I have other bags and I just don’t find myself reaching for it anymore.
Hello! I've been looking for this bag!!!! If anything I cant take it off your hands if you like

Hi all..
Hi, may i ask if this bag is for sale, im interested. pls advise. thanks

Hi all..
Hi. I live in South Africa. Is your bag still for sale?

Hello! discounted bags do not sell more then available ones! I’ve sold a lot stuff from LV and I can tell you by experience. I would try sell it private or maybe try it on Vestaire! You should always get the money you want for your item. The GM size isnt even aivaible anymore and the MM costs rn almost 2000€ I would like to get at least 1.500€ for it. That’s about 1.800$ good luck on selling!