Should I sell my mini Peekaboo?

Catherine1288

Dec 15, 2019
I realise this is a Fendi forum and we're all a little biased here but I have far too many bags and would like to purchase a new Fendi peekaboo in black (probably the iconic essentially or a more structured version). My Gucci Dionysus and my Fendi mini peekaboo in red are my least adored bags. Which one should I keep? I prefer the structured lines of the Gucci over the spongey lambskin Peekaboo. I bought the nappa leather on a whim because I fell in love with the colour. However, I'm concerned about structure loss in future. I think the calfskin and selleria versions just look more structured and sophisticated.

Thanks for your advice. X

IMG_3534.jpg

I realise this is a Fendi forum and we're all a little biased here but I have far too many bags and would like to purchase a new Fendi peekaboo in black (probably the iconic essentially or a more structured version). My Gucci Dionysus and my Fendi mini peekaboo in red are my least adored bags. Which one should I keep? I prefer the structured lines of the Gucci over the spongey lambskin Peekaboo. I bought the nappa leather on a whim because I fell in love with the colour. However, I'm concerned about structure loss in future. I think the calfskin and selleria versions just look more structured and sophisticated.

Thanks for your advice. X

View attachment 4820283
I saw your post in the Gucci thread as well. I think you should keep your Peekaboo instead. I think that this will mean you will end up with 2 Peekaboo bags, but they will both serve different functions.

I like the Dionysus but Fendi has invested a lot into making the Peekaboo their iconic bag (alongside the Baguette). Not sure I can say the same about the Dionysus.

I saw your post in the Gucci thread as well. I think you should keep your Peekaboo instead. I think that this will mean you will end up with 2 Peekaboo bags, but they will both serve different functions.

I like the Dionysus but Fendi has invested a lot into making the Peekaboo their iconic bag (alongside the Baguette). Not sure I can say the same about the Dionysus.

Thanks for your feedback. I know - my rational side tells me that the Peekaboo is a way better 'investment' bag. It is beautifully crafted. I'm just worried about the nappa leather starting to looking spongey and slouchy. Pictures of used nappa mini Peekaboos just look awful in my opinion. Also, you can't close the bag without it pulling on the leather and making the bag look even more rotund.

I'd definitely prefer a calfskin or selleria version. An Essentially or even a medium.

Perhaps I just sit on it for a while.
The popular opinion is to keep the Fendi.
Thanks.

Reactions: averagejoe
Thanks for your feedback. I know - my rational side tells me that the Peekaboo is a way better 'investment' bag. It is beautifully crafted. I'm just worried about the nappa leather starting to looking spongey and slouchy. Pictures of used nappa mini Peekaboos just look awful in my opinion. Also, you can't close the bag without it pulling on the leather and making the bag look even more rotund.

I'd definitely prefer a calfskin or selleria version. An Essentially or even a medium.

Perhaps I just sit on it for a while.
The popular opinion is to keep the Fendi.
Thanks.

I agree with you the pictures of well-used nappa peekaboos don't inspire a lot of confidence in the longevity of that leather. I haven't seen the same for the minis though - I would expect a softer leather to do well in a small size like that? But if this is going to prevent you from using it, I would say sell it.

If you can live with a little wear and tear, I would say sell the Dionysus. I sold mine several months ago and I have mixed feelings because I really do like the style, but I don't think I'll love it in 5 years. The peekaboo is a classic and seems like a super practical bag (shoulder carry, top handle and no zip opening is my dream), so I think it's justified to have 2 of different sizes in a collection.

Reactions: averagejoe
I agree with you the pictures of well-used nappa peekaboos don't inspire a lot of confidence in the longevity of that leather. I haven't seen the same for the minis though - I would expect a softer leather to do well in a small size like that? But if this is going to prevent you from using it, I would say sell it.

If you can live with a little wear and tear, I would say sell the Dionysus. I sold mine several months ago and I have mixed feelings because I really do like the style, but I don't think I'll love it in 5 years. The peekaboo is a classic and seems like a super practical bag (shoulder carry, top handle and no zip opening is my dream), so I think it's justified to have 2 of different sizes in a collection.

You're so right! The Peekaboo is timeless. It's something we can still rock at 90 yrs old! Lol. The Gucci would really be pushing it! Thank you!

Thanks for your response! Yes, I've decided to keep my red mini Peekaboo and sell the Dionysus and maybe even a Chanel bag to fund more Peekaboos as I just love the style so much.

I have a Chanel classic flap in red but the Chanel red (and leather) is nowhere near as pretty as thr Peekaboo red leather which is a deeper hue and way better quality in my opinion. Is it just me or is Chanel lambskin starting to look more and more "cheap" and "rough"? The red Chanel in question doesn't even mark/scratch because the lambskin is so tough. I suppose this is for another thread haha.

Anywho, keeping the Fendi! Thank you xxx