Should I sell my medium YSL loulou bag?

luxurylover7

Aug 7, 2019
Hey guys, so I just graduated from college and I first treated myself to YSL's medium loulou bag in black with silver hardware. Loved it and used it gradually, but I don't often go out for any special occasions. But recently, I was able to purchase LV's pochette Metis in reverse monogram.... so, I'm not sure if I should sell my loulou. I didn't expect to purchase the PM in reverse 'til next year - given the long waiting lists. Not sure how much it would be able to sell for honestly... as a new lux lover, I need some advice as to what to do.

IMG_5176.jpeg

Hey guys, so I just graduated from college and I first treated myself to YSL's medium loulou bag in black with silver hardware. Loved it and used it gradually, but I don't often go out for any special occasions. But recently, I was able to purchase LV's pochette Metis in reverse monogram.... so, I'm not sure if I should sell my loulou. I didn't expect to purchase the PM in reverse 'til next year - given the long waiting lists. Not sure how much it would be able to sell for honestly... as a new lux lover, I need some advice as to what to do.

View attachment 4511080
If you know you won't use the bag and it will just sit on a shelf collecting dust, I say sell.
I don't really consider the LouLou to be reserved for special occasions as its meant to be a sporty bag.
For example, I work in construction and carry my LouLou to work.
Do what makes you happy. Do keep in mind that you will not be getting the amount of money you paid for it, regardless of how pristine the bag may be...if you're OK with the dollar loss, sell it.

If you are not needing the money from selling the Lou Lou, I would keep it.

There are some instances where a solid black bag is needed. Not just special occasions, but perhaps work events where the LV Monogram might be too “loud” or showy. Same for when you’re going to meet up with judg-y people who might make comments about your LV. Just speaking from experience. Sometimes you just want a plain black bag, which will also serve you well as you get older.

If you are not needing the money from selling the Lou Lou, I would keep it.

There are some instances where a solid black bag is needed. Not just special occasions, but perhaps work events where the LV Monogram might be too “loud” or showy. Same for when you’re going to meet up with judg-y people who might make comments about your LV. Just speaking from experience. Sometimes you just want a plain black bag, which will also serve you well as you get older.

That's true, now that I think about it. Thank you so much for your input!

If you know you won't use the bag and it will just sit on a shelf collecting dust, I say sell.
I don't really consider the LouLou to be reserved for special occasions as its meant to be a sporty bag.
For example, I work in construction and carry my LouLou to work.
Do what makes you happy. Do keep in mind that you will not be getting the amount of money you paid for it, regardless of how pristine the bag may be...if you're OK with the dollar loss, sell it.

Yeah, knowing I wouldn't be getting the same amount of money back doesn't bother me too much. But then again, I also don't own any black, leather purses so perhaps I might just keep it! Thanks for your advice, it helped me consider using it out more - even if I don't have anywhere special to go :smile: