should I sell my Jumbo??

paruparo

Live.Laugh.Love.
O.G.
Nov 16, 2009
okay, maybe im just experiencing temprorary insanity...so hope you ladies can help teehee.

I bought my Jumbo with SHW December 2009. SInce then , Ive worn in...hmm... about 8 times.

The first time I used it, I thought, hmm, this sure is heavy, and I kept switching from one shoulder to another because it was getting painful. The next time, I used it cross body, still painful… 3rd time, I shortened it and did it handheld, and this worked.

I don’t overstuff my Jumbo, all I had was an iphone, wallet (a bifold size one), mini evian face spray, a clinique blush, and a mac lipgloss… I was actually looking for more things to put in it because I thought it was such a shame I got the bigger size and that’s all I was putting in. SO I actually use my black e/w flap more than the jumo bec its lighter, and still fits my essentials..

Now, I do love bigger bags too (LV Neverfull, Speedy 30, etc..)—I usually have a bigger bag for work daily because I need more things. But I just bought a Black Cerf Tote and a Vintage Red Tote last week, and its perfect for my daily work stuff…

Went to the Chanel store earlier and started trying on the WOCs since Ive heard so many good things about it..and I love the half moon WOC! and I can use this daily and even put it in my Totes.

SO, my question is… should I sell my Jumbo? At the rate im going, I wont be using it a lot… I do love it though, it just makes everything look so chic.. even when im wearing jeans, flip flops and a tank top… But then again, anything Chanel makes anything chic, IMO…

I bought it thinking I would use it daily… But I didn’t, and I’m not…so should I just sell it?

Sorry… can you guys sense the confusion? lol..

Last edited:
I've been lusting over a black caviar jumbo! But after reading your post, I hesitated. I'm only 5'0 feet and if it's really heavy.. I may have a hard time carrying it too. I do love how chic it looks no matter what you wear. -sigh- What we would sacrifice for fashion. :cloud9:

I've been lusting over a black caviar jumbo! But after reading your post, I hesitated. I'm only 5'0 feet and if it's really heavy.. I may have a hard time carrying it too. I do love how chic it looks no matter what you wear. -sigh- What we would sacrifice for fashion. :cloud9:

Oh no! PLease dont take my word for it, i know there are some ladies who are the same measurements as you and they love their Jumbos! i dont know if they think its heavy (or if the rest of the jumbo owners think its heavy)

I just feel like, 1) have a lot of black bags with same function and 2) I can see myself using the Cerf Tote or the other Chanel tote i have to work daily, and on weekends, i dont want to be running errands with a bag that i have to consicously keep switching around because it hurts my shoulders....

I'm having the same problem!
Since a few weeks I'm concidering to sell my Jumbo, also got it with SHW.
I like to sell it and get a medium flap, because the pain sometimes is killin!

But I having a hard time with it, the thought; selling my first Chanel bag!

Still in doubt...

I wish u a good choice with it!
Good luck

Jwlztr

I'm having the same problem!
Since a few weeks I'm concidering to sell my Jumbo, also got it with SHW.
I like to sell it and get a medium flap, because the pain sometimes is killin!

But I having a hard time with it, the thought; selling my first Chanel bag!

Still in doubt...

I wish u a good choice with it!
Good luck

Jwlztr

Good luck on your decision too!!

i'm about the same height as you... and i own two jumbos, one of them is a black caviar ghw. i do think it might be a little heavy for ppl who are small framed or petite, i don't carry it all the time, i switch between minis and m/l. (most of my bags are M/Ls) i agree it does look very chic... but if you have shoulder/back problems, i wouldn't recommend it. my shoulder does get sore if i carry it for an all day shopping. i won't be selling my jumbo though cuz it has sentimental values to me.

paruparo, maybe you should get an M/L instead? Since it doesn't look like you have much to carry with you anyways. M/Ls are as chic as the jumbo and can be dressed up or down.

I've been wanting a jumbo too. But after reading all the posts about the quality being not as good as before and now the weight...I'm thinking of getting something else, maybe another brand.

If you're not using it and would like to get a new one, just sell it. You don't want to start having medical problems with your shoulders and back because of your bag.

Don't keep a bag because it's "Chanel" or a "jumbo" or "classic". Above all, it's a purse and it's meant for you to carry your stuff in. Especially since you have something else in mind, why not sell and buy the one that better fits your need?

Good luck!

Yes, I would sell it.

Wait a little bit though, and see if you feel the same. Although it sounds like you have a good decision already...

I'm sorry they are so heavy for you ladies. I do not like to see you suffer.

I can't relate to the heaviness thing but please take care of yourself. :smile:

Also, the m/l is a gorgeous purse. You just have to decide what to bring and what to leave at home, basically.

If you don't use it much, sell it. You'll be happier later and it will free you up to use what you keep/ get.
It'll make someone else happy too :smile:

I don't think you should keep it if you're not going to use it.. Perhaps you could sell it and put the money towards a bag that you really want? :smile:

I had a bag that I loved, but that I never used. Everyone said that I should keep it because I eventually would use it more. But I didn't. So I sold it and I'm going to put those money toward a bag I'll use and love more :smile:

I don't think you should keep it if you're not going to use it.. Perhaps you could sell it and put the money towards a bag that you really want? :smile:

I had a bag that I loved, but that I never used. Everyone said that I should keep it because I eventually would use it more. But I didn't. So I sold it and I'm going to put those money toward a bag I'll use and love more :smile:

love it Cari!

you're smart. And let us know what you get :graucho:

Thanks for the input ladies, you all have ver good points! I do think a lt f the hesitation I'm feeling is because it's a classic, and at times hard to find bag....s

If I were to sell it, what would be a good price point for it? It still under warranty, I have all the tags, receipt from saks, dustbag, box... And aside from being carried about 8x (and 5 of those times was just from the house to the car to the office), it's almost brand new... No scratches on the nside at all coz I used a purse liner....

I would sell it as well... In your original post, I noticed that you didn't offer a single reason to keep the bag. So since you're leaning towards selling it, I say go with your gut and sell! Put the money towards something that you will love and use. Don't keep it just because it seems coveted or timeless, kwim? Unless you can afford that sort of luxury. :P I tried on the Jumbo at the boutique last week as well but also felt that it was too heavy. The lambskin jumbo is much lighter but of course also much more delicate.

Based on your description, you can probably sell the purse for pretty close to retail.

I would sell it as well... In your original post, I noticed that you didn't offer a single reason to keep the bag. So since you're leaning towards selling it, I say go with your gut and sell! Put the money towards something that you will love and use. Don't keep it just because it seems coveted or timeless, kwim? Unless you can afford that sort of luxury. :P I tried on the Jumbo at the boutique last week as well but also felt that it was too heavy. The lambskin jumbo is much lighter but of course also much more delicate.

Based on your description, you can probably sell the purse for pretty close to retail.

I agree with nighteyes & Cari. Sell the bag and put the money you get towards something you love. No point keeping something that you'll never use and/or causes you pain.