should i sell my first for a twiggy?

poppincourt

shopping IS my therapist
O.G.
Feb 20, 2006
hello all,

my cousin purchased a white twiggy the other day... I hadnt seen one IRL til her purchase... and i am in love with it!!!! I also own 2 first, a black and a white one...

im contemplating if i should sell one of my first for a twiggggy. i would love to purchase a twiggy without having to sell my first, but i just purchased a paddy.... cant afford a twiggy!!

this is really puzzling me. i love my first too...... ughhhh..

and i know that the first is more of a classic compared to the twiggy...

what do u guys think??

pursegalsf said:
I say keep the First and get a Twiggy :biggrin:

totally agree.... just save that little bit more and you'll get your Twiggy! After all if you're after a white Twiggy, im totally sure they'll still be around!!!!

good luck!!!

(but if you are serious about selling your FIRST for a twiggy let me know... :amuse: )

Are you selling your black or white first? If you really must sell a first to buy that twiggy, I'll suggest selling your black first since you can always find a black first in any season.

poppincourt, since your black first is from 2004 I would keep it and sell the white first. If you are a fan of the thick, squishy leather (I am), it might be wise to hold on to it.

Balenciaga seems to consistently be producing white bags, so if you give up the white first you will most likely have another chance to purchase a replacement in the future.

I LOVE b-bags, but for me, no material item is worth taxing my finances over. Even though buying bags brings me great joy, submerging myself in debt over them is something I try to avoid at all costs. Therefore I only buy bags when I can afford them and when I know that I won't feel guilty about the purchase. Bags are great, but at the end of the day, there are more important things in life; I think it is important to try and keep a little perspective sometimes. (Stepping off my soapbox now.)

If you let go of the white first and get the twiggy, you will still have a white bag, and this way you will have two different sized bags.

Good luck with your decision. Please keep us updated.

oh man. hold onto your 2004 black. like angstofgumby^ said, I would also keep it and sell the white first. think about it for a week or so, white twiggys will return. I don't think a 2004 black would, especially in that scrumptious leather.

woohoo! Cornflower is so hot! My cousin bought a City in that color today and it is so gorgeous IRL. :love: You should get it in that color. So glad you decide to keep the other two.:biggrin:

I recently decided to sell my first because its way too small for convenience. The flatness of the bag also makes it awkward shaped when I put mre things. But I'm keeping my twiggy cos its roomy and luxurious any which way. Hope this helps!