Should I sell my collection for 1 bag?

Jul 18, 2011
Hi TPFers!

(Let me just preface that I am not trying to sell any bags on here :smile: )

Okay, maybe I'm crazy but this is what I am thinking-

I am 26 years old and my husband and I are currently saving to buy a home. I am thinking of selling my bags, not because we cannot afford to purchase the bag but because I cannot justify buying the new bag. I have 3 amazing bags literally sitting in dust bags in my closet.

I own 3 LV bags- Speedy Bandouliere 35 in Mono, Damier Ebene Neverfull GM, and Delightful MM. I have a few accessories that I will be keeping regardless.

In the past I would only buy BIG bags but I was gifted a small inexpensive crossbody bag and I fell in love with everything about having a small bag. No back pain, neck pain and the ease of carrying a few things. Over the past few months I have been thinking of selling my Delightful to fund a new crossbody bag. I started researching bags and fell in LOVE with the Empreinte Speedy 25!! I just cannot justify putting that kind of money towards that handbag. I would much rather put it towards our future home. So would I be crazy to sell my 3 bags to fund the Emp Speedy 25??

Okay with all of that being said, what do you guys think? Have any of you sold your entire collection to fund 1 bag? Am i crazy? Will i regret this? I would love everyones opinion. :biggrin::kiss:

I think this is a great idea. If you don't sell all of them (i would keep the NF) at least partially pay for the Emp Speedy 25 which is the best LV bag IMO

If you HAVE to sell..would you maybe just sell the 1 out of the 3 that you don't use most? I know how it is to lust over a bag ...but I couldn't part with all 3. You have a nice variety and I know I can't live without a Neverfull. I love that lil baby! Congrats on the new house and whatever you decide!! :smile:

Hmmm...that's a tough question. I don't think you should sell all 3, maybe sell two? I'd probably keep the Neverfull or the delightful, you never know when you might need a bigger bag (like for travel or something).

If you HAVE to sell..would you maybe just sell the 1 out of the 3 that you don't use most? I know how it is to lust over a bag ...but I couldn't part with all 3. You have a nice variety and I know I can't live without a Neverfull. I love that lil baby! Congrats on the new house and whatever you decide!! :smile:
Agree, I don't think all 3 for one Speedy would be worth it!

I say sell em! If they're just sitting in your closet already, I bet when you purchase your Emp Speedy they won't be getting used any time soon! I am in a similar position as you are, saving up to buy our first home, and while I still love my LVs I personally cannot justify purchasing any more pricey luxury goods without giving some up. By selling what I'm not using to fund my new purchases I still get to keep my purse hobby without feeling guilty that I ought to be saving for the house. Win win! And I don't have to hear any sass from DH :P
Good luck with whatever you decide to do! And on the house!

I agree with other posters and would sell two of your purses to put towards the Speedy. I would still want to have a purse to alternate with so maybe keep the Delightful or Neverful?

Hi TPFers!

(Let me just preface that I am not trying to sell any bags on here :smile: )

Okay, maybe I'm crazy but this is what I am thinking-

I am 26 years old and my husband and I are currently saving to buy a home. I am thinking of selling my bags, not because we cannot afford to purchase the bag but because I cannot justify buying the new bag. I have 3 amazing bags literally sitting in dust bags in my closet.

I own 3 LV bags- Speedy Bandouliere 35 in Mono, Damier Ebene Neverfull GM, and Delightful MM. I have a few accessories that I will be keeping regardless.

In the past I would only buy BIG bags but I was gifted a small inexpensive crossbody bag and I fell in love with everything about having a small bag. No back pain, neck pain and the ease of carrying a few things. Over the past few months I have been thinking of selling my Delightful to fund a new crossbody bag. I started researching bags and fell in LOVE with the Empreinte Speedy 25!! I just cannot justify putting that kind of money towards that handbag. I would much rather put it towards our future home. So would I be crazy to sell my 3 bags to fund the Emp Speedy 25??

Okay with all of that being said, what do you guys think? Have any of you sold your entire collection to fund 1 bag? Am i crazy? Will i regret this? I would love everyones opinion. :biggrin::kiss:

no way, if you don't wear your s then sell bags and get emp speedy. I love my speedy b monogram 25. Perfect size and hands free plus I feel it is such a wonderful piece to wear.

I side-stepped Emp Speedy fairly recently for my first Chanel, but haven't forgotten about that little cutie! It's a great bag. However, I would keep at least one of your larger bags. As others have mentioned, it could come in handy for travel and you might regret having only small bags available to you.

If you truly don't think you have a use for larger bags, then sell them all! :smile:

If collecting dust I say sell! I am looking at what to sell myself in order to fund the Empreinte Speedy 25 in the new red coming out. I already own it in Infini and I love it! By far one of my favorites! I like the other posts though that say to maybe keep one. I personally love the Delightful. Good luck!

I would just wait and save more or buy the emp speedy now and then focus on everything else. You're going to take a loss selling your bags. The neverfull and speedy b are great practical bags. I wouldn't personally want just one bag to use everyday. You could keep some of your current bags and rotate them.