Should I sell my black jumbo caviar or my claire beige?

What should i sell?

• Caviar black jumbo

• Caviar claire beige jumbo

• Sell both!!

• Keep both!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jenita143

O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
hey girls,

so during this month of pre-increase scramble, i managed to get the ML beige claire caviar that i have wanted since last year and the caviar black double flap jumbo.

Last year i had purchased the beige claire jumbo GHW because i couldn't find the ML size. In a way, i settled for what i could get. But now that i got what i really wanted, the single flaps are so hard to come by. It makes me wonder if i should even think about selling it. I'm not sure how much use I will put into the jumbo because I love the ML one so much more.

Also, i have the single flap caviar jumbo GHW in black and now i bought the double flap because i love how it holds it's shape. Plus the caviar on my single flap isn't as "hard" as the new double flaps. I dunno if the "made in italy" had anything to do with it, but i just feel like it's softer than my ML black. If i was going to spend so much money on a bag, I wanted it exactly the way i like, which is why i tried so hard to search for the double flap jumbo before the increase. I have the black in the ML size too. I definitely use black more than i use beige. Would it be crazy to keep the ML and two jumbos (one single & one double flap), but all black caviar with GHW?

I hate decisions!!! :-s
Hopefully my Chanel collection is complete in terms of classics. ;) I don't think i can keep up with all these increases. It's just a matter of deciding what to keep. Do you ladies think i should keep both or sell one and not the other? Both are caviar jumbo single flaps which makes my decision harder because i know it won't be easy to get it back ... but at the same time, i can't afford to keep them all!! what should i do?! :confused1:

mink

O.G.
Jul 15, 2006
Not crazy, no matter what you decide :smile:

But if you are looking to downsize, I'd say keep only what you love. If they were all wildly different and you wanted variety, it would be a different story, but at this point you have virtually duplicates and it sounds like they'll get varying degrees of use.

My vote would be to let go of the black single flap jumbo - seems like you'll use it less b/c of your concern about how it will hold its shape and you just got the double. I'd also let go of the jumbo beige clair since you have the m/l now, which you love and will use, and you "settled" for the jumbo. If you haven't used it much thus far and are wondering if you'll use it in the future, I wouldn't hold onto it.

You should sell them when you're ready since as you said, single flaps are hard to get. Prices are only going up though so you'll probably get a great offer for them. Good luck whatever you decide and keep us posted!

~g~

O.G.
Jul 8, 2009
^ I agree!! I myself was contemplating letting my single flap jumbo go in exchange for a double flap and now have decided to reserve judgement until I can compare in store.

G'luck with your decision! :flowers:

Jenita143

O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
ry%3D400

can you tell that the caviar is a bit softer than the new double flap caviar? i dunno why this bugs me so much :shucks:

ceya

O.G.
Jan 7, 2008
I do in dilemma too. Have 2 jumbo caviar single flaps, black and beige plus m/l beige ghw. Also, 1 jumbo double flaps beige caviar ghw as well. And tried to decide which one should let go.

may be three jumbos or just the 2 beige ones/
know for sure am not going to use these jumbos at all.

be careful when deciding though.

lallybelle

O.G.
Jan 28, 2009
I don't think the Caviar is softer necessarily. It's the extra flap making it feel more stiff. Anyway, I wouldn't sell any of my single flaps for anything, I hate the double flap jumbos.

For the beige clair I would keep the M/L, since that's the size you really wanted. Unless you really think you'll use both sizes in this color. For the Black, that's harder. Even though personally, I'd say to keep the single flap you need to keep the one you love and will will use. Unless you don't mind duplicating than keep both.

Just take you time to decide. You don't want to regret letting go of something. Whatever you decide, it will be ok because you will get a good price if you decide to sell.

Good luck!

Bronzi522

O.G.
Sep 14, 2010
I don't think the Caviar is softer necessarily. It's the extra flap making it feel more stiff. Anyway, I wouldn't sell any of my single flaps for anything, I hate the double flap jumbos.

For the beige clair I would keep the M/L, since that's the size you really wanted. Unless you really think you'll use both sizes in this color. For the Black, that's harder. Even though personally, I'd say to keep the single flap you need to keep the one you love and will will use. Unless you don't mind duplicating than keep both.

Just take you time to decide. You don't want to regret letting go of something. Whatever you decide, it will be ok because you will get a good price if you decide to sell.

Good luck!

^good advice

*MJ*

Blessed and grateful
O.G.
Jul 8, 2008
You should sell the ones that you don't absolutely adore...to me...immediately!! :graucho:

Seriously, I say sell both, unless you don't mind the duplicates, and will use and enjoy them.

ChanelHoarder

Apr 14, 2011
If you can, I say keep all of them!!

If you were to sell one, I would said the beige due to what you said in your first post where you use black bags more and if you think you won't use it as much or that since you think the material is softer and it bugs you, maybe you should sell it and use that money towards something else. (like another Chanel! :graucho: lol)

I do think keeping all of them is a good idea (but only if you can!) since the price increases are definitely here and even if you don't think you'll use the beige now, you might want to use it a little down the line!

Jenita143

O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
Thanks for the advice girls! Looks like this forum is as divided as I am. I'm waiting for my double flap to arrive this week before making any decisions. Hopefully when I see it side by side with my single, the decision will be easier.

ehy210

O.G.
Apr 21, 2011
I have a double flap on my jumbo and its been a love-hate relationship. I love how it looks with the burgundy and how it holds the shape beautifully. But, at the same time- it gets really annoying because the button wont close without something being right up against it on the other side! so annoying...If i had the chance, I would've gotten the single. Keep the single- the bag shouldn't loose its shape if you take good care of it. Plus, its rare! And i lovee the beige claire in jumbo but I guess its personal preference and if you dont love it, sell it.

I COMPLETELY know what you mean about the leather being "softer." My first caviar that I bought from Saks had a defect on it (loose chain) so I searched around for a new jumbo caviar in black and finally found one at NM...but refused to take it because something about the bag didn't feel right. It just felt softer compared to my stiff fresh caviar from Saks that was at home(waiting to be returned). It almost seemed like someone had worn it for a couple months and returned it(which I know was not the case)- it just didn't feel right. So now, im waiting for a new jumbo to be shipped to me from the NM warehouse. If this one feels soft or has any defects- I'll be sooo upset.

Goodluck with your purchase! Whatever you decide- make sure you're 100% satisfied. It's a lot of money so you should be completely happy :smile: