Should I sell medium flap for a mini?

Which option?

• Sell medium for a mini

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • Keep medium and get a woc

Votes: 103 86.6%

• Total voters
Jun 24, 2006
The only time I use flap bags is for dinner/occassions. I like to bring a lipstick, small wallet and keys. Maybe some tissue. I love the crossbody look and space of the mini. I paid $4k for my black ghw medium flap. With that money I could get a new black ghw mini. Otherwise I’ll keep my medium and get woc. What do you suggest??

Do you see yourself maybe using the medium cf more one day? It’s a classic and you’ll never get one at the price if in a very good condition.
I have a square mini and considering selling it to fund a medium cf. I have so many mini bags and don’t get much use of it. I also have a woc and feel for nights out it works just as fine.

A WOC would fit all the items you listed so I’d say go for it. Minis are getting pricey and I personally wouldn’t buy a lambskin Mini or you can go the preloved route and get caviar minis.

Definitely keep the medium. It is the best size for the classic flap. I personally love the small size, but I know the medium is most-loved in the universal sense. The mini is only hot due to the trendiness of mini bags, but larger bags will make a comeback. Disregard all of this if you genuinely prefer the mini, but just know that in the long run, the price difference between the two are incomparable.

Agreed with all the posters above that mini bags is just a trend, just like big bags were trendy in 2008. Keep the medium, save up for a mini. There is a need for bags of a few sizes, as your needs may change.

Reactions: Mimi-2020
Also something to consider is to send your medium flap to Leaher Surgeons to have the strap lengthened to wear crossbody. If you want to sell it in the future, you could either have the strap shortened, or sell as is to someone looking for a crossbody medium flap.

Personally I would keep the medium flap as is, and save for a mini. Both are classics that will continue to hold value. Medium flaps currently retail for 6500 usd before tax. If you sell your medium now, but change your mind in a year or so, you will be paying a lot more.

The only time I use flap bags is for dinner/occassions. I like to bring a lipstick, small wallet and keys. Maybe some tissue. I love the crossbody look and space of the mini. I paid $4k for my black ghw medium flap. With that money I could get a new black ghw mini. Otherwise I’ll keep my medium and get woc. What do you suggest??
I’d definitely keep the medium flap. $4k is such a good price, and I wish I got mine at $4k! If you really want a mini, I think you should save up for it and get it different color. Don’t bother with WOCs since you barely can fit anything in there.