Should I sell medium flap for a mini?

Which option?

• Sell medium for a mini

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • Keep medium and get a woc

Votes: 103 86.6%

• Total voters
First question: For a medium black flap (preloved) with no card or box in like new condition, is it worth paying 4k? Or should I spend $4700 for one also in like new/excellent condition with full set?

Second queston: I'm also wanting a black square caviar mini preloved. I'm new so please forgive my ignorance, I see them going for $3-5K preloved. Once the fad fades as some have said about the larger bags will the prices ever go down? Or should I just bite the bullet now since Chanel has discontinued the Caviar mini squares for the foreseeable future?

The WOC in my opinion is another going out/evening bag, soooo since you have a medium already I feel thats kinda repetitive. I love using my mini for casual outings and quick errand running. The mini is the most practical out of the 3.

Reactions: cityivy
The only time I use flap bags is for dinner/occassions. I like to bring a lipstick, small wallet and keys. Maybe some tissue. I love the crossbody look and space of the mini. I paid $4k for my black ghw medium flap. With that money I could get a new black ghw mini. Otherwise I’ll keep my medium and get woc. What do you suggest??
Keep the medium and buy a preloved Mini from eBay Japanese seller for around $2500.
Use PayPal credit when they offer 0% 24 months financing (as going on right now).

First question: For a medium black flap (preloved) with no card or box in like new condition, is it worth paying 4k? Or should I spend $4700 for one also in like new/excellent condition with full set?

Second queston: I'm also wanting a black square caviar mini preloved. I'm new so please forgive my ignorance, I see them going for $3-5K preloved. Once the fad fades as some have said about the larger bags will the prices ever go down? Or should I just bite the bullet now since Chanel has discontinued the Caviar mini squares for the foreseeable future?
First question- It will be very difficult to resell without card, dustbag and receipt. Box is not too important. I wouldn’t pay 4K without these necessities as it’s a ripoff. When i bought my single flap caviar ghw jumbo, I Negotiated for a massive discount as mine didn’t have these things as well (paid around 2.1k)

Second question- bite the bullet and go for it now. Paying up to 3.8k seems reasonable to me. If you wait their new prices will be insane by that time.

• Love
Reactions: 880
The only time I use flap bags is for dinner/occassions. I like to bring a lipstick, small wallet and keys. Maybe some tissue. I love the crossbody look and space of the mini. I paid $4k for my black ghw medium flap. With that money I could get a new black ghw mini. Otherwise I’ll keep my medium and get woc. What do you suggest??
I would say, keep the one you already have and wait a while to save more money to the mini, which seems to be the style you really want.
Don’t buy the WOC just now. Get the bag you want. But if you sell the medium, I am pretty sure you will regret in the future.

You'd have to truly hate the medium to sell it at the current price range it's at. By the time the regret sets in, the medium will have ballooned again in price. It's such a small yet versatile bag that's more casual than you may think it is so don't be hesitant in using it as an every day bag. The mini is just a fad for me.

Reactions: Mimi-2020