Should I sell Berry Carly????

Status
Not open for further replies.
did u try her wout the stuffing? the drop really gets longer after the slouch comes in
yes...I didnt want to take the stuffing out of berry Carly b/c I was saving her to use as my spring/summer bag, so I went into Macy's and tried on a medium Carly w/ my stuff loaded into it, and I'm just not feeling the drop on this bag... :sad:

Sorry the Carly is not for you. :sad: I know it's a hard decision and I agree that you should take some time to really think it over and make sure it won't be something you'll regret. Personally, I love the Carly, but I know it's not for everyone. If you think you won't regret it, then you should sell it so you can get something that's right for you. If you do decide to sell, I'm sure it will do very well, and maybe a lucky TPFer will get it! Good luck on your decision! :yes:

Mommyville: If it doesn't work for you, you should sell it. Just like you, I love the way the Carlys looks on everyone, but on so much on me. I just bought a medium Carly (khaki/beet) and I'm not so sure about it either (and I LOVE red), so it's still just sitting there. I understand how you feel, but you'd be better off getting something that is more useful to you.

Now that is a hard decision, but if you don't like the drop chances are you will never use her. I say take some time to think about it and maybe wear her around the house a little bit because you may not have the chance to have her again in the berry color.

MOMMYVILLE!!!!
Noooooooooooooooooooo!!! Say it isn't so:amazed:!!!! Well, on the bright side...I am sure you could get lots of high bids :tup:on eBay!!!
If the drop is not long enough, what about putting an extra "dog leash clip" that matches the existing one to make the drop longer?
I am feeling so sorry for you that you are not feeling it!!! :s

I have just come to this realization about Ali, I wanted her since she came out and when I finally got her she is just not for me. Everyone else raves about her and I see her on others and I love it, but on me, not happening. I gave her another chance today, but we just aren't meant for each other. Now, me and Carly are like peanut butter and jelly.:tup: I am selling my Ali now because while I would love to keep her it isn't the right thing to do because she would not get the use she needs and deserves. So, even though it is not the eact same thing, I hope that helps.

I love the look of CArly also...on other people..I have the med. khaki/black and was so excited to get it after eyeing it for so long. but i never carry it. I don't think it looks that great on me, and im thinkin i should have gotten the large anyway...For one thing, it ALWAYS slips off my shoulder and i get so annoyed w/ it lol sell it and get something you will be happy w/

I've been thinking about selling MY Large Carly (or using her just as an overnight bag) and I think it's a gorgeous bag but it IS heavy and I think everyone got caught up in buying it because it was so popular.

If you're not going to use her at all, sell her to someone who will!

Yes! try the extra clip!! I have seen someone else do that with their Carly here on tpf...

If all else fails you have have my permission to give her to me.. :P
Thanks!!! LOL I didnt like how the bag looked w/ the extender clip on it b/c it moved the part that is supposed to be on your shoulder too far down...KWIM??? Just didnt like the look of that.....I have a feeling she is going.........UGH I hate these decisions!

Oh!!!!!!! I'm so sorry to hear this!!!! That bag IS gorgeous, and amazing, and I can't say enough great things about it......and Carly is one of my FAVORITE Coach bags and one of my faves that I own.....all of that being said, Carly (as much as I love her) is not one of the most functional bags. She can get heavy, it's hard to find stuff in, and if you have children, these can be major setbacks. So don't feel bad that this bag isn't for you!!! You shouldn't feel bad at all! And I don't think you will regret selling her. The only reason you would regret it is because so many of US love the bag, but YOU don't seem to love it, and that is what matters here. Good luck deciding, but honestly, I think you should do what makes YOU feel most comfortable!

MOMMYVILLE!!!!
Noooooooooooooooooooo!!! Say it isn't so:amazed:!!!! Well, on the bright side...I am sure you could get lots of high bids :tup:on eBay!!!
If the drop is not long enough, what about putting an extra "dog leash clip" that matches the existing one to make the drop longer?
I am feeling so sorry for you that you are not feeling it!!! :s
I hope so!!! thanks so much!!!!!:tup:

Oh!!!!!!! I'm so sorry to hear this!!!! That bag IS gorgeous, and amazing, and I can't say enough great things about it......and Carly is one of my FAVORITE Coach bags and one of my faves that I own.....all of that being said, Carly (as much as I love her) is not one of the most functional bags. She can get heavy, it's hard to find stuff in, and if you have children, these can be major setbacks. So don't feel bad that this bag isn't for you!!! You shouldn't feel bad at all! And I don't think you will regret selling her. The only reason you would regret it is because so many of US love the bag, but YOU don't seem to love it, and that is what matters here. Good luck deciding, but honestly, I think you should do what makes YOU feel most comfortable!
Thanks so much, LA!!!! You always help to make people feel better!!! Honestly I would be very happy taking the money and buying that ergo in your signature!!!! I'm just an ergo girl I guess! :yes:

Oh no, Mommyville! I agree with everyone else here that if the bag isn't working for you, you should sell it and get something you will really love! Hopefully whoever you sell it to will really love it and use it! (Perhaps another TPF member?! :P)

You will always be known as the first TPF member to get Berry Carly (ok well mariahcarey was first, but you were the first TPF girlie in the U.S. to get Berry Carly!)

Status
Not open for further replies.