should i sell 2 classic flaps to buy 1 hermes? -->

Maybe sell ONE of the least used Chanel flaps first and see how you feel about it. While your selling, do your homework and look at colours, hw combos, leather swatches in the store. This would also be a good chance to let your Hermes SA know your on the market for a bag. Good luck x

Sent from my SM-N915FY using PurseForum mobile app

Bag for bag I would always choose a Chanel flap over a Hermes Kelly even though I like the Kelly. I just think the Chanel is far more beautiful.

But that's me. If you really don't wear the Chanels you should sell them for ANYTHING else you will wear. 😊Having unused bags on the shelf doesn't benefit you at all.

Good luck!!!

I always think you should sell what you don't use. You could always keep them for a few extra months, try to work them into your outfits, which might get them to love the bags again- though if they are unused, and you have made up your mind, it's prob a better idea to keep them pristine for value.

If you find a Jumbo to be heavy (as I do, though I still hold onto mine as it gives me joy even occasionally) most likely you will find a Birkin 35 to be heavy as well, esp since there's no shoulder strap.

I wish you luck either way! I love Kelly 28 also- am looking for a vintage BBK made in my birth year myself :P

What a happy headache :smile:

I have/had those bags you mentioned. I pretty much only stick to C and H now when it comes to bags. Whatever brand, I feel we should let go of something we don't use anymore, unless it has a deep sentimental value. I kinda feel sorry for bags which are just visually admired. Other than that, bag is just a commodity. If you decide to hop onto a Kelly after selling the flaps, this can be reversed down the road if you have a change of heart.

If jumbo (double flap/caviar) is not lightweight for you, I doubt B35 will be. I've sold off my b35.

A Kelly is not the most easy accessible bags. I thot a Chanel flap is cumbersome (I was so used to open top bags before that) until I owned a Kelly. But I have high threshold so I still own few flaps and Kellys. Good luck to your decision.

This is just my honest opinion, I adore Hermes for their quality but not so much for their looks, so I would never tread with my Chanel unless it is the bag that has been sitting in my closet and no use or lost love completely. If that's your case, why not, sell them and go for it with Hermes! Good luck with your decision and please update :smile:

I always think you should sell what you don't use. You could always keep them for a few extra months, try to work them into your outfits, which might get them to love the bags again- though if they are unused, and you have made up your mind, it's prob a better idea to keep them pristine for value.

If you find a Jumbo to be heavy (as I do, though I still hold onto mine as it gives me joy even occasionally) most likely you will find a Birkin 35 to be heavy as well, esp since there's no shoulder strap.

I wish you luck either way! I love Kelly 28 also- am looking for a vintage BBK made in my birth year myself :P

+1, great advice :yes:.

I find the Jumbo heavy too, so I only kept a red one and a Moujik flap which is lighter, but I think I will let that one go sooner or later because it never sees the daylight, and I could use the funds for something else that would work better for me.
I have Birkins in both sizes 30 and 35, and I find 30 way more comfortable.
35 is a great workhorse but can be heavy too especially if you walk a lot with it.

The 28 Kelly is a great bag too.
If that is what you really want and if you are sure you won't regret selling your Chanels, then I would go for it.
But make sure you are able to get the H. bag that you want, as it is not always easy to find one from the boutique.
Good luck with your decision!

the 2 Chanel handbags are: a med/ large beige caviar w/ gold hardware and a red caviar jumbo w/ silver hardware. i was thinking about selling them b/c i've barely carried either of them. the jumbo is a bit heavy for me, and the size feels awkward on my 5'2" frame. i don't carry the beige b/c it doesn't really go w/ my outfits. so both like new, just sitting in the closet. i've only been holding onto them b/c i didn't want to have seller's remorse over letting them go.

if i sold the Chanel's i would get a Kelly 28 in black and silver. i *think* i'd use this bag a lot more.

or i could go the completely non-practical route and get a birkin 35 in red and silver. just b/c i've always admired it. :graucho:

Absolutely!!! I sold 2 bags (1 a Chanel bag) and bought a Kelly and haven't regretted it since! I love my Kelly. Hands down my favorite bag. Go for it!

the 2 Chanel handbags are: a med/ large beige caviar w/ gold hardware and a red caviar jumbo w/ silver hardware. i was thinking about selling them b/c i've barely carried either of them. the jumbo is a bit heavy for me, and the size feels awkward on my 5'2" frame. i don't carry the beige b/c it doesn't really go w/ my outfits. so both like new, just sitting in the closet. i've only been holding onto them b/c i didn't want to have seller's remorse over letting them go.

if i sold the Chanel's i would get a Kelly 28 in black and silver. i *think* i'd use this bag a lot more.

or i could go the completely non-practical route and get a birkin 35 in red and silver. just b/c i've always admired it. :graucho:

I think you should. I just sold five of my Chanel bags to get new bags. If they're not making you happy anymore no point having them. I think my new birkin will make me a lot happier. I'm always trying to get a black 28 Kelly. Good luck :smile:

Taking labels and brands away, I think you have to think thoroughly the bags you now own, do you use them? How often? Do you see yourself using it in the future? How often would that be?
If all the above is either no or rarely, then I do suggest you put them for sale, and put that money towards something you know you want and can be worn more regularly.
Sometimes it's never easy to part with our bags, but think if you sell them and you build up the money you need for a bag you want in the end. I think the end results will be pure happiness and no remorse! =)

I'm now on the same boat. I'm thinking of selling my Chanel WOC and m/l flap to fund a Kelly 28 or 32. I used to have a jumbo but sold them (single and double flap). I, however, am keeping my mini rectangular flap since I love the look of a classic flap.