Should I see an serial number in my Bay?

lanasyogamama

What time is it?
O.G.
Oct 30, 2007
Hi Girls,

I was checking out my new Bay (my first Chloe!) today and I didn't see a little serial number tag like I saw on some of the authentication threads. Is there one on the Bay, and if so, where?

I got the bag at NM, so I'm not really worried, but you have to be SO careful these days!

TIA!

I just bought a bay today from saks. The serial tag was in the corner of the inside zipper pocket. Mine was a leather tag that was the same color as the lining (brown), so it was difficult to see.

Why don't you take pics of it and post it in the Authenticate This Chloe thread for us to take a look. I am sure it is totally fine and perhaps it is just a quality control issue (which won't be the first for Chloe- it happens). No worries!

The serial number is on the inside pocket on mine as well. All though I didnt notice it until I was looking for my keys one day and suddenly got a hold of the leather piece with the serial number.

Why don't you take pics of it and post it in the Authenticate This Chloe thread for us to take a look. I am sure it is totally fine and perhaps it is just a quality control issue (which won't be the first for Chloe- it happens). No worries!

I took your advice and put it on the authenticate this Chloe thread. Hoping for good news soon!

Hi Girls,

I was checking out my new Bay (my first Chloe!) today and I didn't see a little serial number tag like I saw on some of the authentication threads. Is there one on the Bay, and if so, where?

I got the bag at NM, so I'm not really worried, but you have to be SO careful these days!

TIA!

I'm sure if you got the bag from NM it's likely to be the real deal:tup:, but I've got an embarassingly large collection of quilted Bays ( my favourite bag design ever:love: !), so later today when I've got a minute, I'll examine all six of them (yes, I know...this obsession is bordering on psychiatric illness :nuts:!) and see whether they've all got serial numbers or not. Most of them were purchased from different places, so they should be fairly representative of the serial number situation. Will get back to you asap:smile:.