Should I return? Was this a used bag?

Happieinlvoe

Apr 5, 2016
Just received a bag, that my SA ordered from another store for me. I've never done this before, always only buy in the boutique when I can look it over etc.
the handle has a definite petina already. As does the front tab. Everything is in beautiful condition. But didn't know if I was sold a returned bag??? I took a pic with the handle pushed out a lil, & you can see on the left side, the lil but that's u set the tab, is white (to see comparison of how dark it already is)
Date code is August of 16.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 540
Just received a bag, that my SA ordered from another store for me. I've never done this before, always only buy in the boutique when I can look it over etc.
the handle has a definite petina already. As does the front tab. Everything is in beautiful condition. But didn't know if I was sold a returned bag??? I took a pic with the handle pushed out a lil, & you can see on the left side, the lil but that's u set the tab, is white (to see comparison of how dark it already is)
Date code is August of 16.
Honestly, the bag could be brand new, could be a bag that has been on display, could be a bag that someone has bought and then returned... you will never know. If the bag is in perfect condition, I would keep it because patina develops as soon as the bag leaves the LV factory. Exposure to light is not the only factor that precipitates the patina process.

If you like everything else about the bag, you're ahead of the game! As fabluleux mentioned, "patina will develop as soon as the bag leaves the LV factory."

I bought my Mono Artsy even though it was a display...it had some light patina but was in perfect condition. Not my first choice, perhaps, but it was the only one left and I wanted that darn bag pretty bad! Patina develops pretty quickly anyway, as others have mentioned, so it didn't really bother me. :smile: