Should I return this bag?

That's so disappointing, especially since you purchased it to take on a trip!

Why does it seem like merchandise purchased online more often has flaws?! Do they think they can sell the "bad bits" to less suspecting customers and that the serious ones of us who inspect bags are more likely to go to a store in person?

I've never found this to be true. I do not have an LV near me so I have purchased A LOT from the website and have never found flaws in any of my items. In fact, most of the items I receive are even MIF.

What a bummer. I'm glad you returned it, I would have too, but when things like that come up it's such a pain to deal with especially because you'd hope LV would have caught it before they sent it to you like that.

I've never found this to be true. I do not have an LV near me so I have purchased A LOT from the website and have never found flaws in any of my items. In fact, most of the items I receive are even MIF.
I'm glad to hear this because I always go into LV or the boutique in Saks and I just bought something online for the first time ever. I keep seeing stuff about flaws and it's made me a little worried about my purchase.

Thank you all for the nice responses. I am very disappointed to say the least. I'm sad I won't have the bag for my trip, but mostly I'm sad that this is the quality LV is sending out these days. I've ordered several bags from the website and this is the first bad one I've gotten, but I read almost every day about people getting bags with scratches and other issues. It's just unacceptable to pay over a thousand dollars of our hard-earned money for a bag that is already damaged.

LV won't send you a new bag until they receive the damaged one back and put it through their inspection/refund process. (Which is ironic since their quality control process obviously needs a lot of work.) So unless I'd paid for another bag, I couldn't have gotten one in time for my trip. They did say they'd put a note in my file to refund my shipping charge that I'd paid. Oh well, on the bright side, now I don't have to worry about damaging a new bag on a trip!

Yep definitely right decision to return this bag. It looks used not cool for a new LV. Sorry you don't have it for your trip but you are better off getting new one.

I agree with you about returning the bag even though it's a pain and you won't have the replacement in time for your trip but look at it this way, it's better to have short-term disappointment rather than long-term regret and besides, you're going on this trip for reasons other than showcasing a new purse. Once you get to your destination you'll most likely forget about the bag...I know I never really put second thoughts on what's on my shoulder when travelling.

Thank you all for the nice responses. I am very disappointed to say the least. I'm sad I won't have the bag for my trip, but mostly I'm sad that this is the quality LV is sending out these days. I've ordered several bags from the website and this is the first bad one I've gotten, but I read almost every day about people getting bags with scratches and other issues. It's just unacceptable to pay over a thousand dollars of our hard-earned money for a bag that is already damaged.

LV won't send you a new bag until they receive the damaged one back and put it through their inspection/refund process. (Which is ironic since their quality control process obviously needs a lot of work.) So unless I'd paid for another bag, I couldn't have gotten one in time for my trip. They did say they'd put a note in my file to refund my shipping charge that I'd paid. Oh well, on the bright side, now I don't have to worry about damaging a new bag on a trip!
I received a soft lockit in the pm that was too small so reordered in the mm. My pm was credited to my credit card. It was not damaged though but it avoided the wait time.

I'm glad they worked with you to return it but they shouldn't have sent you that bag in the first place. Where is their quality control? I get your disappointment on not being able to take it with you on your trip...sorry that happened!

I would return it. You could've saved some money and purchased it pre-owned if you wanted to walk around with a bag that looked used.

+1

As much as I know it would be inconvenient I would return. Unless the scratches look deeper in the picture than IRL. Most scratching on LV hardware is surface hairline scratches from normal use. The scratches in the picture look quite deep. Good luck with your decision.

+1

I would return it as well. Obviously something happened to this bag.

+1

I think you should return this bag. You aren't getting your money's worth if it already has scratches on it.

+1

return it! it'll always bother you

+1

The leather looks dirty too! Right under the hardware. I would definitely return.

+1

You could always return this bag and overnight a new one to have it by Friday.

+1

I would definitely return it. That's a lot of scratches on a "new" bag and like others have said, it looks dirty on the leather? Can they refund you for the overnight shipping??

+1

Return for sure. Sorry you don't have the bag for your travels.

+1

Yep definitely right decision to return this bag. It looks used not cool for a new LV. Sorry you don't have it for your trip but you are better off getting new one.

+1

Definitely return it

+1

The more I thought about this, the more disappointed I got. I planned to order another one next week when I get back from vacation. But today, I happened to find an old model Delightful pm in pristine condition (used twice and stored away since late 2014). Since I love the handle on the old model better, I decided to buy this pre loved one instead of ordering another new one from LV. I didn't save a lot - about $150 - but I think I'll be very happy with it.