Should I return my new lv speedy 30 just because of the "made in USA" tag? Advice pls

Celi05

May 13, 2013
Soo as you all know the tags are now on the inside and there is no longer the "made in France" stamp.. This is my first Louie and I never knew about the stamp or tag till I researched it on here.. Now I'm feeling unsure, I called the two stores in my area (San Francisco) and both said they were 99.9% sure they don't have any with the stamp and won't be getting any anytime since the style has changed. I love my bag, I've saved forever for it. I payed 990 for it and id hate for it to look like a fake.. So I need opinions.. Would you Ladies return it?Am I being to picky? Also has anyone else in the sf/bayarea found a speedy 30 with the stamp in the recent months?

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 1,119
It's a personal preference. If possible, I'd loved to have all my bags MIF. I'd tried to get the DE Speedy B with a MIF tag, but it is not possible since the US stores rarely get one that's MIF. I kept it anyway, but I don't see a a difference in quality.

I would love to own a made in France piece. A made in the U.S. purse does not deter me from buying the purse. I decide to buy a bag because of its beauty and not where it came from. You have to ask yourself how much a made in France purses means to you to determine to keep or return to the store.

Why would it look like a fake?

If the cloth tag really bothers you, no number of people telling you it doesn't matter will make a difference. You should be happy, for the amount you paid, so return the bag if this will be a problem for you. I don't live in the US, but from what I've heard it's correct that you're very unlikely to find a Made in France Speedy.

Soo as you all know the tags are now on the inside and there is no longer the "made in France" stamp.. This is my first Louie and I never knew about the stamp or tag till I researched it on here.. Now I'm feeling unsure, I called the two stores in my area (San Francisco) and both said they were 99.9% sure they don't have any with the stamp and won't be getting any anytime since the style has changed. I love my bag, I've saved forever for it. I payed 990 for it and id hate for it to look like a fake.. So I need opinions.. Would you Ladies return it?Am I being to picky? Also has anyone else in the sf/bayarea found a speedy 30 with the stamp in the recent months?

Thanks!

If you have saved forever for this purse and was so in love with it prior to knowing about the cloth tag, why would you change your mind based on that now? Chances are if you returned it, you won't find any Made in France right away. You can wait a while longer or just be out that bag. That's up to you and what matters more. But my guess is if you end up returning you are just gonna buy that bag again down the road with the same cloth tag. And any true LV fanatic knows it doesn't look fake based on the no heat stamp anymore. There's other ways it looks fake and most fakes have the Made in France stamp. Good luck!

I would Keep it and enjoy it 💗 some of my bags are made in USA, some France, some Spain, they are all the same quality. Unless this is really a deal breaker to you and if so you may have to go preloved.

I agree that I think it is a personal preference. I will be hard to find a MIF speedy because they are one of LVs top selling bags..I don't think it is a quality issue since there have been posts about MIF items that have had problems....I have several bags that have the cloth tag and while I don't like having the cloth tag it doesn't stop me from enjoying my bags.....if you think you will not enjoy using the bag because it has the cloth tag, I would return it...

I will only say that buyers on eBay seem to prefer Made In France bags. Fortunately the ones I recently sold were, because my bags were older. So if you ever plan to resell, I"d take that into account.

Before I started selling some of my stuff on eBay, I never knew where my bags were made, never looked. It wouldn't have mattered anyway, as long as I liked them. If the bag looks fine, the bag is fine. I'd say wear it and enjoy it.

Thanks...you ladies are right.. I'm my heart I know I really want to keep it so that's what I'll do. I just needed reassurance that everything is the same quality. It's a beautiful bag.