Should I return my Kooba for a LV speedy?

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
I just got a cognac Sienna bag last week. It's okay I guess - but I haven't used it yet. I've always liked the LV classic monogram Speedy 30. I was thinking of returning my Kooba for the LV? What do you think?

edit to add: the speedy isn't that much more than the Kooba - that's what got my wheels turning...

If the option to wear the bag on your shoulder is not something you are concerned with, I say go with the Speedy. In a few years you'll still be using your Speedy, but the Sienna will most likely be sitting in its sleeper bag at the bottom of your closet.

I prefer shoulder bags.. er.. but then again I love Balenciagas, lol! But I guess if you're wanting a shoulder one, keep the Sienna. If you don't mind either way, get the Speedy instead. It has more lasting appeal. The Sienna is really nice tho esp that cognac colour you have, so whichever you decide, it'll be a good decision. Know what I mean??

The Speedy is an enduring classic. If you're concerned about being able to carry it on your shoulder, LV sells a detachable shoulder strap you can use with it. I have one for mine for those days I am shopping and need to have my hands free from time to time. Some people think it's dorky but I don't care! lol

Yikes. I've had my Speedy for several years now and I don't recall the price of the strap. Sorry! I just recall that I thought it was extremely reasonable. At the time at least, they were common to have in stock. It was the SA who told me about them. It was definitely worth whatever I paid.