Should I return a HTF bag I ordered for a friend and risk an unhappy SA?

ittybitty

O.G.
Feb 20, 2010
What would you do?

I have a wonderful SA who consistently texts me with the latest and hard to find items. I recently ordered a bag for a friend through my SA at my friend's request (after I showed her the pic on my phone and she's seen the same bag on me in a different color). I put it on my credit card. She's received it and has decided to pass on it, so now I'm left with the decision of returning it and losing my SA (not sure if it will happen but I'm afraid it will) or going through the trouble of selling the bag myself (which I think is stressful and I'm really not interested in doing that).

Ugh. Why did I offer to do this in the first place...

Thank you all - I'll text my SA to give her a heads up. (This will be the second time I'll be returning something I purchased from her)

And I'll try not to feel so guilty about it. I knew I could rely on TPF for good advice

Oh dear...I'm sorry to hear as I understand how frustrating it is!
The same thing happened to me as well.
Made matter worse, Chanel for us is only from the boutique so we can only get credit note when you return.

Since I purely bought it for the "so called friend" :cursing: I ended up returning it (my very first return). So now I'm tied up with $$$ credit note and I know most likely I'll use it (hopefully!) but still! I rather have that in my bank a/c than at Chanel!!! And unfortunately the whole experience really puts me off helping pp ever since too.

If I were you, I'd explain to your SA and good SA will understand.
Good luck!

Ugh - it's infuriating isn't it??

Oh your SA will totally understand this situation IMHO. Return your friends handbag and get your money back ASAP. This goes under the "lesson learned" file. Don't ever buy anything "for a friend". She abused your great relationship with your SA. I try my very best to vet any new Chanel purchase so that I don't end up taking it back. Oh sure, sometimes I have to return something. It happens to us all, but I value my relationship with my SA too much to abuse it because of a friend! It's okay! Happy Holidays! :flowers:

Oh dear...I'm sorry to hear as I understand how frustrating it is!
The same thing happened to me as well.
Made matter worse, Chanel for us is only from the boutique so we can only get credit note when you return.

Since I purely bought it for the "so called friend" :cursing: I ended up returning it (my very first return). So now I'm tied up with $$$ credit note and I know most likely I'll use it (hopefully!) but still! I rather have that in my bank a/c than at Chanel!!! And unfortunately the whole experience really puts me off helping pp ever since too.

If I were you, I'd explain to your SA and good SA will understand.
Good luck!

Ugh - it's infuriating isn't it??

^^^You should have made your friend pay you and take the credit note herself. I'm sorry that's just awful.

Oh your SA will totally understand this situation IMHO. Return your friends handbag and get your money back ASAP. This goes under the "lesson learned" file. Don't ever buy anything "for a friend". She abused your great relationship with your SA. I try my very best to vet any new Chanel purchase so that I don't end up taking it back. Oh sure, sometimes I have to return something. It happens to us all, but I value my relationship with my SA too much to abuse it because of a friend! It's okay! Happy Holidays! :flowers:

Thank you for the thoughtful advice. Yes, lesson learned for sure. Fortunately I purchased from NM so I can get my money back (as opposed to a credit from the boutique) but I just feel awful because of my awesome SA.

Thank you for the thoughtful advice. Yes, lesson learned for sure. Fortunately I purchased from NM so I can get my money back (as opposed to a credit from the boutique) but I just feel awful because of my awesome SA.
As another said, if it's a HTF item, your SA should be able to sell it right away. Don't feel bad. It's okay. Don't let this get you down in this wonderful Season of giving. :noworry:

Reactions: kkfiregirl
What would you do?

I have a wonderful SA who consistently texts me with the latest and hard to find items. I recently ordered a bag for a friend through my SA at my friend's request (after I showed her the pic on my phone and she's seen the same bag on me in a different color). I put it on my credit card. She's received it and has decided to pass on it, so now I'm left with the decision of returning it and losing my SA (not sure if it will happen but I'm afraid it will) or going through the trouble of selling the bag myself (which I think is stressful and I'm really not interested in doing that).

Ugh. Why did I offer to do this in the first place...
Since most of us get friendly with our SA's out of excitement and love of Chanel it happens from time to time (different in your case though). We get it home sit with it for awhile and have a change of heart. IMHO I believe they are used to it and it's part of the job. They know we will be back and stay loyal to them.:smile:
Sorry for your situation ittybitty. Did you ever hear the saying "no good deed goes unpunished?". So true. Ayayaya.... but lesson learned.:hrmm:

Reactions: kkfiregirl
Since most of us get friendly with our SA's out of excitement and love of Chanel it happens from time to time (different in your case though). We get it home sit with it for awhile and have a change of heart. IMHO I believe they are used to it and it's part of the job. They know we will be back and stay loyal to them.:smile:
Sorry for your situation ittybitty. Did you ever hear the saying "no good deed goes unpunished?". So true. Ayayaya.... but lesson learned.:hrmm:

Yep. Exactly what I was thinking. Never again

Reactions: whiteswan1010