Should I reset this ring or make something else?

Sep 30, 2007
I have this Old European Cut .98ct stone and I love the facets and how it sparkles. I already have two bigger erings that I love and I didn't want to spend a lot of money for this setting at the time so I went to cheap route and did it in a whim. In addition I also have the diamond shrinkage syndrome, I hardly ever wear this. I don't really love the setting . Should I invested to reset to a new setting? Or what should I do beside making into a pendant?

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1489810715.138936.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1489810728.272686.jpg

Personally, BLS...I love the setting! If it were me I would consider making this gorgeous ring into a pinkie ring. Don't know how small it can be
sized? Pinkie rings a not everyone's cup of tea but I love them and have several. Something very old school about a pinkie ring................

I think the setting is really pretty but if you really don't like it then it's worth resetting it into something you will like and wear. What are you wanting or missing? It sounds like you don't want another ring or pendant. What about bracelet? bangle? earrings? Do you have other pieces that you can use with this ring to make something else? Or purchase more stones?
At the moment, I really love bangles as my wrists are the best place to for me to admire my items everyday.

eta: Here are some ideas for bangles.

View attachment 3637687

upload_2017-3-18_8-29-58.png

upload_2017-3-18_8-31-22.png
upload_2017-3-18_8-37-32.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-18_8-29-15.png
    upload_2017-3-18_8-29-15.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:
I think the setting is really pretty but if you really don't like it then it's worth resetting it into something you will like and wear. What are you wanting or missing? It sounds like you don't want another ring or pendant. What about bracelet? bangle? earrings? Do you have other pieces that you can use with this ring to make something else? Or purchase more stones?
At the moment, I really love bangles as my wrists are the best place to for me to admire my items everyday.
Great Ideas!