Should I refund?

Varied_obsessions

Because I said so
O.G.
May 7, 2006
Long story made short,
Auction ended and buyer immediately paid. I shipped on the 3rd. Insurance, priority and sig. confirmation. I contact buyer to say I've shipped and thanks so much for the purchase. No response. I've contacted her thoughout, no responses. Everyday the link in order details on ebay the item says"in Transit and that days date.

Yesterday I called my PO, the main PO in New Orleans and two satellite offices. No body knows or will share ANYTHING except my PO that acknowledges that it has left my area, but no clue where it is after that.:cursing:

I'm really concerned and as a buyer I'd be freakin the he!! out, but I can't get any input from her at all. Dh says that I should just wait, but that seems uncaring to me. The ONLY thing that the NO PO said for sure is that they THINK that since it's a signature confirmation delivery, that she's either not accepting it or isn't there.

Well... it's not as short as I thought it was going to be.:s

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Wait until the buyer contacts you saying she has not received it. Bit weird that she has not, if she has not IFSWIM.

Sometimes in the UK the tracking info can be delayed.
I sent my MIL an expensive pair of earrings for her birthday using RM special delivery. They were meant to be delivered by 9am the next day, but when I went to track there was no information!

I was getting really upset and phoning the PO and pretty much just getting into a state! The only person I didn't call was my MIL. That evening, she phoned to say "Thank you" and that they arrived first thing!

The tracking info never showed up online, even weeks later. I checked and double checked the number too. RM just dropped the ball on that occasion.

I would not be concerned yet if the buyer has not yet contacted you saying she has not received the package. She may have received it and the PO information is just not up to date. You have insurance so do not get to worried. Keep us posted.

Happy to know that it worked out for you and the MIL!! :smile:

Could you tell me what IFSWIM means?
It might mean if you see what I mean...but I am not sure....

I would wait a few more days. Perhaps the buyer is away so the item has not been accepted. You could request phone number from ebay and call her. Sometimes little emergencies come up and our packages are the last priority. Hope this is not the case...

I've aaaaalways said: No news is good news.

Don't even stress it. I'm sure if the seller had an issue, she'd contact you. As long as there's proof that you sent it out AND you have signature confimation, I wouldn't sweat it. It might even get rerouted back to you if the attempt to deliver is futile.

I wouldn't do anything unless you hear from the buyer, if I were you (don't poke the sleeping bear!). One of my packages still shows up as "Processed..." even though the buyer received it weeks ago and already left feedback. Their tracking system is soooo behind.

I heard from a very reliable source (my mail carrier) that the UK postal service was on strike until last week. This could be a matter of packages being backed up and not yet delivered. This may also be why your buyer is not freaking out. The public there may know that deliveries to them are taking a bit longer at this time. Just a thought.....

delivery confirmation is not tracking, they only scan it *sometimes* at the post office you dropped it off at, and then at the time the delivery occurs. there is no way to know where the package is between those two times. this is for the US post office.

I heard from a very reliable source (my mail carrier) that the UK postal service was on strike until last week. This could be a matter of packages being backed up and not yet delivered. This may also be why your buyer is not freaking out. The public there may know that deliveries to them are taking a bit longer at this time. Just a thought.....
I am in Uk and didnt know that. But I am confused, was the package sent to Uk? If it was then it may be in customs...