Should I purchase the Alma BB in Epi??

x_allegra_x

May 21, 2020
Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all well and safe :smile:

I've been looking into purchasing my first designer handbag, at first I thought I would get a Speedy 25 for sure but now I kind of want something a little more low-key that doesn't scream 'Louis Vuitton' if you get me haha :biggrin:

I've recently fallen in love with the Alma BB in Epi Leather in the Noir colour and was just wondering if any of you had any experience with LV Epi Leather, how does it wear, is it worth the price, should I get it hot stamped, does it do okay in the rain etc.

I would love to hear your opinions of this bag!

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 11.24.42 am.png

View attachment 4842319

I just ordered the Poppy last night. This will be my first Epi bag but the leather is quite study and I've read on various subs here that it holds up very well - even in rain. Even more so in black, I don't think you can go wrong with the Epi.

Hopefully someone with actual experience will chime in!

That colour is so gorgeous! Congrats on your purchase! I've heard that about Epi as well so hopefully it will hold up really well :smile:

Reactions: MooMooVT
That colour is so gorgeous! Congrats on your purchase! I've heard that about Epi as well so hopefully it will hold up really well :smile:
Thank you - it was hard to make a decision. The black is such a classic - you can't go wrong there. But I don't have a red bag so decided to go with poppy. But all the Epi colors are really stunning! If you search on the "Whats in my LV" thread there are lots of great shots of all the stuff this little bag holds. It's very deceiving.

Reactions: x_allegra_x
I love epi. It is my favourite of all LV materials. I have 3 Alma BB’s in Epi and they all have held up extremely well. All of my Epi prices have as Epi is quite durable.

You can wear it in the rain...I’ve never noticed any issues. I mean you probably don’t want to get it soaked but I’m not overly careful with mine and they still look great. Even my lighter coloured ones still look good.

I think it’s worth the price but if you go to resale it, the resale value isn’t as great as canvas...just something to be aware of.

I think you will be very happy with an Alma BB. I think this bag looks best in Epi leather

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all well and safe :smile:

I've been looking into purchasing my first designer handbag, at first I thought I would get a Speedy 25 for sure but now I kind of want something a little more low-key that doesn't scream 'Louis Vuitton' if you get me haha :biggrin:

I've recently fallen in love with the Alma BB in Epi Leather in the Noir colour and was just wondering if any of you had any experience with LV Epi Leather, how does it wear, is it worth the price, should I get it hot stamped, does it do okay in the rain etc.

I would love to hear your opinions of this bag!

View attachment 4842290
I love this little cutie:heart: I have this exact one and I don’t wear it often, but when I do it feels very special. Yes, I would wear it in the rain. It actually holds quite a bit too!
There are some cool ones coming up in a few months with bright colors and a fabric strap that matches the bag:smile: It might be Cruise collection.
Good luck!

I have the Alma BB in noir. I love it. I have mine for many years and it looks brand new. Epi bags are great-but you do have to be careful not to bang it on a brick surface or other hard surfaces. The bottom portion of the bag may end up with scratches. In my opinion luxury bags need to be "babied" if you want them to look "brand new'.