Should I protest the leather lining?

Nov 29, 2016
I don't know about you, but during coronavirus, I've been polishing my shoes and cleaning my bags.

I got to thinking about the lining of my Nodini/Pillow bags. I have two with a lovely, soft leather lining (I also have a Suarez with pig lining). I've often wondered if I should protect them. Does anyone here put anything on their lining for protection? Ural? Lovin My Bags? Bickmore? Anything?

Just curious. I'm really thinking about giving them a swipe of Ural.

Thoughts?

I don't know about you, but during coronavirus, I've been polishing my shoes and cleaning my bags.

I got to thinking about the lining of my Nodini/Pillow bags. I have two with a lovely, soft leather lining (I also have a Suarez with pig lining). I've often wondered if I should protect them. Does anyone here put anything on their lining for protection? Ural? Lovin My Bags? Bickmore? Anything?

Just curious. I'm really thinking about giving them a swipe of Ural.

Thoughts?
No. NO. NEVER put anything on suede. If you aren't comfortable carrying them, keep them in the closet until there's a vaccine. :flowers:

Reactions: 880, etudes and RT1
Haha, first of all, thanks for knowing that I meant *protect* and not "protest!*

I actually have not been carrying my good bags. I've been running around with a nylon Longchamp that I don't mind spraying with alcohol or Lysol or bleach. :smile:

I apologize for being unclear about the lining, it is smooth leather on each of the bags I'm talking about. I think it is smooth, pig leather, but I am not 100% sure. It is much thinner than the Nappa and even softer--but smooth, not suede.

I went on the Urad site and saw that they said do not use it without Tenderly on Nappa. As soon as I read that, I remembered reading that here first (good ole tPF). That is probably the same for whatever lining I have.

Now, I do have a charming little baby pink Tod's suede bag that I never carry because of the suede. I rarely use it and I am careful when I do, but still it's kind of, I don't know, less than it started. I just don't know what to do with that bag. :confused1:

OT, but since you brought it up, I volunteered to be one of the 30,000 test subjects for the vaccine. I was told it would be in August, but I haven't received my marching orders yet. Wish me luck! Let's find a cure!

Haha, first of all, thanks for knowing that I meant *protect* and not "protest!*

I actually have not been carrying my good bags. I've been running around with a nylon Longchamp that I don't mind spraying with alcohol or Lysol or bleach. :smile:

I apologize for being unclear about the lining, it is smooth leather on each of the bags I'm talking about. I think it is smooth, pig leather, but I am not 100% sure. It is much thinner than the Nappa and even softer--but smooth, not suede.

I went on the Urad site and saw that they said do not use it without Tenderly on Nappa. As soon as I read that, I remembered reading that here first (good ole tPF). That is probably the same for whatever lining I have.

Now, I do have a charming little baby pink Tod's suede bag that I never carry because of the suede. I rarely use it and I am careful when I do, but still it's kind of, I don't know, less than it started. I just don't know what to do with that bag. :confused1:

OT, but since you brought it up, I volunteered to be one of the 30,000 test subjects for the vaccine. I was told it would be in August, but I haven't received my marching orders yet. Wish me luck! Let's find a cure!
YES!!! Thank you for volunteering! This is a silver lining to this cloud, I KNOW it! :heart:

Thank you so much for volunteering for this! :yahoo: :tup:

Not sure about how to protect the linings (I leave mine alone, have a suede brush just in case something gets in there) BUT I wanted to say *THANK YOU* for volunteering :heart:

Thank you for volunteering xoxo

I'm starting to think that newer pillow bags are suede lined, is that right? Mine are vintage and smooth.
Ah ... that would be correct. I still wouldn't worry about it, but that's just me. Anything you put in your bag's already been ... cleaned up or touched with gloved or sanitized hands or quarantined? How many strange things do you put in your bag outside of your wallet, and again, that's been touched with clean/sanitized hands...?

Oh, I've been so unclear and I just realized it.

I wasn't talking about protection from COVID, I was talking about protecting from discoloration and scratches from age and use.
AH!!! Well, if the smooth leather lining seems dry (much as our own skin can get dry and scratchy and need lotion) then I would apply a good conditioner. If the leather doesn’t seem dry, then it’s fine - you did say it was vintage ...

YES!!! Thank you for volunteering! This is a silver lining to this cloud, I KNOW it!

I did it! I was called in yesterday.

I was there about 5 hours. They are very careful and thorough.

The shot didn't hurt yesterday, but my arm is sore today. All 30,000 of us (x 3 pharmaceuticals, so 90,000 in all) take a first dose and a then a booster in 3 weeks. I might have flu-llike symptoms after the booster shot, we'll see. And with the 90,000 samples they take, they will start to prepare for a SARS-3 (which is certain to come just as SARS-2 COVID was certain to come. We didn't have SARS-1 samples to work with so were caught flat-footed for COVID-19. With the work they do using the samples they now have, we will be better prepared next time).

It's crazy. Shots like this can take 10 years to develop. This is a tremendous undertaking and it must work. We have no other options.

Oh the other hand, if I fall over dead after my booster, who wants my bags?

The shot didn't hurt yesterday, but my arm is sore today. All 30,000 of us (x 3 pharmaceuticals, so 90,000 in all) take a first dose and a then a booster in 3 weeks. I might have flu-llike symptoms after the booster shot, we'll see. And with the 90,000 samples they take, they will start to prepare for a SARS-3 (which is certain to come just as SARS-2 COVID was certain to come. We didn't have SARS-1 samples to work with so were caught flat-footed for COVID-19. With the work they do using the samples they now have, we will be better prepared next time).

It's crazy. Shots like this can take 10 years to develop. This is a tremendous undertaking and it must work. We have no other options.

i can take care of your bags, for sure!
well done for doing this!!! :ty: endless respect!

@MidlifeFashionPrincess Can I ask what state you’re in? I know we’ve got some powerful things going on in MN... but there are many other places really getting work done on this!

• Love
Reactions: 880 and RT1