Should I plunge in with peekaboo or Dujours

Oct 13, 2009
Hi tpfers, I am rather new to Fendi and I have recently fallen under the spell of Peekaboo. I have tried both Dujours and Peekaboo at the boutique and I like both - and I need some advice deciding. I like the Peekaboo being special and well... it sort of resembles a kelly in a way or another. But the weight is rather deterring. As for Dujours, its a pretty bag but there is only a buckle in the middle securing my stuff. So, im in a dilemma which to pick. This would be my first Fendi. I am looking for a bag that I can use for work (hopefully to fit my ipad or macbook air 13").

Please help!!

xx

i have 2 peekaboos (a brown goat and a black goat with the zucca lining: that said they are realy realy heavy! I use them in the "peekaboo" form only if im carrying very little, otherwise the idea of peekaboo showing all sorts of junk is unattractive. That said, i just took my black one to new orleans where it looks great carrie by hand - unfortunately it was so heavy after walking a few blocks i had to connect the shoulder strap and wear it that way - i get a lot of compliments on both the peekaboos - that said i have mixed feelings on the zucca lining - most people have complimented me on the lining however i feel its not as dressy when i wear business suits (so im not sure what lining you were considering)

i ordered a black 2jours last week and am waiting for my tag to come back with my initials - that said the bag is much much lighter and i think it is much dressier (or has the potential to be) than the peekaboo if work with suits. I also like the fact it can be personalized to have your initials. The drawback is the divider section in the middle (at least in the medium size) i wish it were like a birkin with one large pitfall, since when i travel i like to carry cosmetic cases and the kitchen sink on an airplane

i dont know if any of this has been helpful, but i feel like you need one of each! I think that there is also the possibility to get a wonderful deal on a peekaboo (if you are not able to pay full price) on ebay, yoogies, or fashionfile - ive literally seen some go for around 1500 USD - the 2jours of course being so new does not come with that luxury, and if you want your tag monogramed then you have to buy it at a retail

in a nutshell - the peekaboo is an excellent briefcase - fits documents, files etc - it also has the two tone hardware - a blessing and a curse since i prefered the gold hardware origionally released on the peekaboo and now on the 2jour but am happy when i wear silver! luckily i dont think either one is going anywhere so you can maybee buy one now and antoher one later - hope that helped

2jours is a good idea because it is very elegant and peekaboo is good as well but if u are going for formal then go for 2jours and peekaboo for casual.

@kittykelly: thanks for the input, greatly appreciated. i still can't quite put my finger on it. i like the special design of the peekaboo - very unique but the weight of it can be rather turned off by it. i used to be perfectly fine with heavier bags, but im afraid age is catching up with me and it has come to a point that i can no longer tolerate that kinda weight. so i really gotta think more bout it. my chanels can be pretty heavy - cos of the chains but i reckon they were still bearable before putting my junk in. but the peekaboo is just plain heavy!
@ujili: i know what u mean. du jours' sizing is a lil odd to me. med was a lil too small and large seemed a lil overwhelming to me. gawd im such a horrible decider.

let me use the 2jours a few times and then ill get back to you (i dint want to use it till the tag came back monogramed lol) as long as the peekaboo is on your shoulder the weight is ok (which is why the chanels dont bother anyone) its just heavy to lug around by hand - regarding the debate of dressy vs casual - i just picked up my 2jours yesterday at neimans in tysons corner VA and saw two stunning peekaboos with all golden hardware - one side had suede lining and one side had leather lining - they were not made in the goat leather but in the soft kid and one was a beautiful camel color which i loved - i think that would drape very nicely and be very dressy with the all gold hardware and camel lining - i dont think it would wear as well though as the goat/zucca lined peekaboo though - i have visions of scratched leather and pen marks inside!!! depends what youre looking for - i muist say the 2jours leather is very durrable - its grained like the prada tote or the chanel caviar so i dont think it will show scratches - also i understood from the sales lady that the goatskin peekaboo was not being issued this year in favor of the soft kid leather - which although it is more slouchy and perhaps more dressy - i dont think it would hold up as well -- let me think on it and revert - im carrying my cognac goatskin zucca lined peekaboo today and i must say he is charming!

Hi tpfers, I am rather new to Fendi and I have recently fallen under the spell of Peekaboo. I have tried both Dujours and Peekaboo at the boutique and I like both - and I need some advice deciding. I like the Peekaboo being special and well... it sort of resembles a kelly in a way or another. But the weight is rather deterring. As for Dujours, its a pretty bag but there is only a buckle in the middle securing my stuff. So, im in a dilemma which to pick. This would be my first Fendi. I am looking for a bag that I can use for work (hopefully to fit my ipad or macbook air 13").

Please help!!

xx
I don't have a peekaboo but at one stage considered it since the style was somewhat unique. Having tried it on in the Fendi boutique made me change my mind. The weight was what turned me off considering I didn't have my things in it yet. I do have the 2jours in black and have another one in honey coming very soon. I like how classic the style of the 2jours is. I think it will be a keeper. It's definitely lighter and has the more classier appeal in my opinion. But in the end of course, it's the practicality and usability of the purse so I hope you end up with a very wise decision for your first Fendi:smile:

I don't have a peekaboo but at one stage considered it since the style was somewhat unique. Having tried it on in the Fendi boutique made me change my mind. The weight was what turned me off considering I didn't have my things in it yet. I do have the 2jours in black and have another one in honey coming very soon. I like how classic the style of the 2jours is. I think it will be a keeper. It's definitely lighter and has the more classier appeal in my opinion. But in the end of course, it's the practicality and usability of the purse so I hope you end up with a very wise decision for your first Fendi:smile:

hi pumpkinbear, thanks for your input. i do find the design of the peekaboo rather unique, hence my inclination towards it but i'll have to agree with you on the weight of it. just too much to bear - though i secretly wish to own it somehow. HAHA. 2jours seems like a rather classy tote to have, but the weight is too rather heavy for me. i tried on the med and i reckon its somewhat too small but the large sorta engulf me - or so i feel. mind you, im a fan of big bags and even i feel the large is too big on me. sigh. its just too hard to make a choice. i do like that the 2jours actually came with a 'raincoat'. it is a rather tough choice indeed. alternatively, i really do want a lady dior in large too. see how im constantly tormenting myself :sad:

Yes, I would have to agree with you on that. I myself would want one, perhaps if I end up getting one, I won't stuff it as much so I won't notice the weight of it. It's a good bag to begin with. Quite different from the range of the Fendi styles. I want the black one with animal print interior.:loveeyes: I have been out of the Fendi bug since the baguette days and recently been lusting over their bags (2jours and peekaboo). Although, based on experience Fendi tend to lose its value quite easily. I sold some of my baguettes few years back and didn't get as much as I was hoping for. The baguette is coming back though so I wanted to pound my head for ever selling it.:nogood:

My 2jours is in the medium size. I stand 5 feet. And I think the size is just right for me. I like the idea of monogramming it with your initials. Makes me always feel a proud owner.:smile:

It might be really tough but hey it's not only you who is in a dilemma right now. Hundreds of women in this forum have exactly the same problem as you have. ( Haha, and since when is choosing a bag become a problem?) I too, must say that I am torn between a Givenchy Lucrezia and a Valentino rock stud bag. So, you are not really alone on this. :graucho:

A lady dior will always be a good choice. It has withstand the test of time. From my mum's era to mine, it managed to have the staying power. I would :heart: to have one too if the funds will permit me.

Yes, it can be tormenting. I for one as an example have just bought a bag and 5 minutes after walking out from the boutique is already thinking of what bag to purchase next.:giggles:My DH laughs at that idea and can't simply believe it.:roflmfao:

Well, I have probably said too much. Anyways, I really hope you end up with a good decision. Please post once you have gotten the Fendi of your dreams. :smile:

hi pumpkinbear, thanks for your input. i do find the design of the peekaboo rather unique, hence my inclination towards it but i'll have to agree with you on the weight of it. just too much to bear - though i secretly wish to own it somehow. HAHA. 2jours seems like a rather classy tote to have, but the weight is too rather heavy for me. i tried on the med and i reckon its somewhat too small but the large sorta engulf me - or so i feel. mind you, im a fan of big bags and even i feel the large is too big on me. sigh. its just too hard to make a choice. i do like that the 2jours actually came with a 'raincoat'. it is a rather tough choice indeed. alternatively, i really do want a lady dior in large too. see how im constantly tormenting myself :sad:

Yes, I would have to agree with you on that. I myself would want one, perhaps if I end up getting one, I won't stuff it as much so I won't notice the weight of it. It's a good bag to begin with. Quite different from the range of the Fendi styles. I want the black one with animal print interior.:loveeyes: I have been out of the Fendi bug since the baguette days and recently been lusting over their bags (2jours and peekaboo). Although, based on experience Fendi tend to lose its value quite easily. I sold some of my baguettes few years back and didn't get as much as I was hoping for. The baguette is coming back though so I wanted to pound my head for ever selling it.:nogood:

My 2jours is in the medium size. I stand 5 feet. And I think the size is just right for me. I like the idea of monogramming it with your initials. Makes me always feel a proud owner.:smile:

It might be really tough but hey it's not only you who is in a dilemma right now. Hundreds of women in this forum have exactly the same problem as you have. ( Haha, and since when is choosing a bag become a problem?) I too, must say that I am torn between a Givenchy Lucrezia and a Valentino rock stud bag. So, you are not really alone on this. :graucho:

A lady dior will always be a good choice. It has withstand the test of time. From my mum's era to mine, it managed to have the staying power. I would :heart: to have one too if the funds will permit me.

Yes, it can be tormenting. I for one as an example have just bought a bag and 5 minutes after walking out from the boutique is already thinking of what bag to purchase next.:giggles:My DH laughs at that idea and can't simply believe it.:roflmfao:

Well, I have probably said too much. Anyways, I really hope you end up with a good decision. Please post once you have gotten the Fendi of your dreams. :smile:

haha. i totally get you on the bag part. you can literally be my bag soulmate! lol. im always trying to rationalize myself, by asking my good friend for opinions on a bag. and somehow i'd always end up persuading to like the bag. hahah. there were a couple of times when we both ended up gettin the same bag! horrible horrible. lol. 2jours is a really pretty bag but to me, it seems more like the other totes available out there. peekaboo however, seems unique. and there im, convincing myself. haha. i do know that i definitely would want a lady dior, but right now my funds are a lil tighter. sigh. i do know that lady dior can be rather heavy too (funny how id be more willing to lug a lady dior than a peekaboo). givenchy is always a nice choice! i totally rmber the days when i was agonizing over the nightingale and somehow picked chanel over it. chanel always takes precedence somehow. LOL. i would pick givenchy over valentino thou. you might not like studs after this phase this gone, imo. haha.

id def post a pic or at least let you know when ive managed to bag that dream fendi.

Bag soul mate? Why not! Haha! i would like that :graucho:.. I often ask my friends too on their opinion about bags and sometimes I succeed in making them buy it too. But I always end up getting comments that I am such a bad influence. :lol:

Yes, would have to agree that the 2jours is somewhat like the other totes out there compared to the Peekaboo. The latter has this appeal that makes other women's eyes pop and their jaw drop when they see it. It's a pretty bag that's for sure. I think you are more set on the Peekaboo so you just have to convince yourself that the weight of this purse will never be an issue.:biggrin: Actually, I think the tables have been turned and you are the ne convincing me now that I should save up for one. :lolots:

The Lady Dior can be heavy as well but what the heck! Birkins and Kellys are heavy too but everybody would want to have one.:lol: Definitely when the funds are ready, get yourself one. It's a good investment (as what I always tell DH to justify purchases). :greengrin:

About the Givenchy, thanks for your advice. You see, I already have 5 purses from this brand. 1 nightingale, 2 pandoras, 1 antigona and 1 antigona tote. I like the Lucrezia because it resembles the Vuitton SC. But since that SC costs an arm and a leg, I don't think it's worth that much to invest on it in my opinion. The Valentino bag just caught my attention when I saw one tote it at the church and since then, the purse speaks to me. But, I am on holidays at the moment here in Australia so who knows I might end up with something else. If I do, DH will defintely scratch his head.:lolots:

Looking forward then to most probably the Peekaboo on your post one of these days.:graucho:

haha. i totally get you on the bag part. you can literally be my bag soulmate! lol. im always trying to rationalize myself, by asking my good friend for opinions on a bag. and somehow i'd always end up persuading to like the bag. hahah. there were a couple of times when we both ended up gettin the same bag! horrible horrible. lol. 2jours is a really pretty bag but to me, it seems more like the other totes available out there. peekaboo however, seems unique. and there im, convincing myself. haha. i do know that i definitely would want a lady dior, but right now my funds are a lil tighter. sigh. i do know that lady dior can be rather heavy too (funny how id be more willing to lug a lady dior than a peekaboo). givenchy is always a nice choice! i totally rmber the days when i was agonizing over the nightingale and somehow picked chanel over it. chanel always takes precedence somehow. LOL. i would pick givenchy over valentino thou. you might not like studs after this phase this gone, imo. haha.

id def post a pic or at least let you know when ive managed to bag that dream fendi.

ok i said id revert after carrying my 2jours.

While hes a little charmer and so lady like and i love the gold hardware and the monograming, He just doesnt fit what the peekaboo can fit - im not so keen on the dividing compartment - theres something special about my peekaboos and their fluidity - sorry my pics arent great but it will give you an idea - i think the 2 jours is wonderful for luncheons and work and small enough for dinner - but i dont think because of the design in the center compartment the medium size would be functional for travel or airplane use - only because i carry a cosmetic case and variousl other things that would not fit because of the divider. That said its about a 1,000 cheaper than the peekaboo (if you were thinking to buy it retail) and the weight is much much lighter than the peekaboo for travel - i would have prefered a one pocket type design (like the large 2jours) but that was tooo big for me - i dont know - im thinking you can pick up a peekaboo on ebay, yoogies closet, fashion file or annes fabulous finds for a reasonable price - the 2jours - if you want monogramed, i think you have no other choice than to pay retail - if you dont care about the monogramming (which to me makes the bag) i have seen them on rue la la and overstock for $1,699 - so im thinking if you buy a pre owned peekaboo for around 1500 and a non monogramed 2jours for around 1700 than you could have both for about the same price as the peekaboo goes for retail - is that an option?

Attachments

• nrd.jpg
    nrd.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 4,819
  • nrd 2.jpg
    nrd 2.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 4,103
  • nrd 3.jpg
    nrd 3.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 4,199
  • peekaboo 1.jpg
    peekaboo 1.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 4,405
  • peekaboo 2.jpg
    peekaboo 2.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 4,283
so having carried my 2jours for the second day i have to say i like it - am i in love with it? dont know - to me the only interesting thing about it is the monogramed tag. That said - i feel the peekaboo is a higher quality bag and more well made than the 2jours - the peekaboo just feels solid and well crafted, the leather is beautiful, the lining is quality - im just not feeling that with the 2 jours - pretty as it is, and dont get me wrong i LOVE the monograming, i just think it is not the same quality as the peekaboo - for as dressy as it is, the lining could have been done in leather or suede - not sure i like the striping, all in all i just feel like the peekaboo is more solid - anyone have any thoughts

so having carried my 2jours for the second day i have to say i like it - am i in love with it? dont know - to me the only interesting thing about it is the monogramed tag. That said - i feel the peekaboo is a higher quality bag and more well made than the 2jours - the peekaboo just feels solid and well crafted, the leather is beautiful, the lining is quality - im just not feeling that with the 2 jours - pretty as it is, and dont get me wrong i LOVE the monograming, i just think it is not the same quality as the peekaboo - for as dressy as it is, the lining could have been done in leather or suede - not sure i like the striping, all in all i just feel like the peekaboo is more solid - anyone have any thoughts

You may be right that the peekaboo is more solid. But for me...the allure of the 2jours was its' clean lines, elegant nature, unique personalized name tag...but most important the wearability factor. And by that..I mean weight, size, and functionality. I was looking for 'substantial' without the weight. I find the beautiful suede lining the inside top of the bag luxurious. Plus, I am not turned off by the striping of the lining...reminds me when I look inside that it is FENDI.

With options to carry in hand or shoulder, gave me the extra boost I needed to move forward and purchase.

Yes, you may get a more solid handbag with the Peekaboo. I just could not justify how heavy it was causing pain while wearing.

I just bought a 2jours and I couldnt be happier! I also looked at the peekaboo but couldnt get past the weight and also felt like I would want to keep closing it. I love the structure of the 2jours. Either way though you cant go wrong!