should I pierce my nose?

ayla said:
Personally, I would never pierce my face just because I don't want it to take away from professionalism needed in the future. Ear piercings and navel may be a little better.. ? I have 7 ear piercings.

I was so going to say that. My cousin had her eyebrow and nose pierced when she was younger and had diffculty getting professional jobs until she took them out. :worried: They did heal pretty good, though.

Melissa71 said:
:lol: I wondered about the booger collection site, too. I don't think they have a backing, like an earing. I believe it's more like a slight spiral that keeps it in place, similar to a corkscrew shape. Not 100% sure on that, though.

The stud is shaped like a spiral and is very hard put in. Don't ever get it caught on a towel as it pulls it out and hurts like hell. My nose doesn't seem to collect anything and as a dog groomer, I've handled ickier things than my nose stud.

If you want a piercing but want it in an inconspicuous place, get your tounge pierced. Therefore no one will know but you unless you stick you tounge out. :P

I say, if you have great skin & want to do it, go ahead! It is reversible.

However, if you are prone to spots anyway, I think it draws too much attention them.

My friend has beautiful, poreless skin & she looks beautiful with her nose ring.

I say go for it. Studs aren't that noticeable, and there are retainers you can put in there to make it even less so. You can always remove it if you're not happy with it.

If you do decide to get it done, I know of a great place here in Orlando, I get all my holes done there :nuts:

Ah yes, Cristina's full of holes. ;)

My aunt has a nose-stud, works a clerical job and doesn't have any problems with it. Only thing is, its a very small stud, and she has rather a large nose, so its like looking for a pea on a drum - you'd never know if you weren't looking.

I have a co-worker who has two lip rings, two nose rings, maybe two eyebrow rings too - he has a lot - and he has to take them out whilst he's working because the management don't like it. It didn't stop him from getting the job, he just has to take out the most conspicuous ones during his shift.

Don't do it. Absolutely every girl under age 30 in my town has her nose pierced, and it really gets old after a while. And I live in the biggest college town of all: Ann Arbor, Michigan with a population of 40,000.

Just dye your hair and get some henna tattoos. Then you can change your look anytime you want. Save your plastic surgery money for the tummy tuck you'll want after you have babies.

Cristina said:
:shame:

:lol: Don't worry, they're not bad. I have three in each ear, and I had my navel and tongue done there, but I took those out. Nothing in any unmentionable places :shame:

Ekk..I couldnt even imagine that! Heading to the Bee Line tomorrow to your neck of the woods. Joe-G is doing "bike week" so I'm taking Ari to the Mall. Seems she discovered Gucci at Saks. A nice G handbag would go so well with the Dr Martins or the ripped high top Converse she wears, don't ya thing?:lol:

I think if you want to, do it. You can take it out when you get sick of it. You many even find after just a few weeks you hate it but at least you won't always wish you had.
I had a labret done for my 30th bday. I love it. But I've had to experiment with different studs till I found a very small diamond.
After I graduate I'll take it out. But for now, it's all for me and I'm happy I did it.

I also found that potential employers don't like to see it during an interview but once you've been on the job for a few months, they tend to overlook subtle piercings that pop up ;)

It should be up to you- not what anyone else thinks!

I pierced my lip ( bottom lip, left side) with a little silver stud. My mom wouldn't talk to me, I lost my job because of it, and honestly... I'd do it all over again. I thought it was artsy, and pretty- and it was my way of expressing myself. It didn't turn me into a horrible person, just a little piece of metal in my face! I think that the more people who reacted negatively towards me because of it... the more I wanted to keep it in- I'm a very stubborn person. Finally, after about 3-4 months of having it, I was done. :smile: I took it out because I was ready.

So, facial piercings can be a royal pain.......BUT!

nose piercings are much more acceptable in today's society than a lip piercing so I say go for it! A piercing is not permanent, and you can take it out whenever you want!

nose piercings are much more acceptable in today's society than a lip piercing so I say go for it! A piercing is not permanent, and you can take it out whenever you want![/quote]

I agree with you on this. With so many people from so many different cultures here, what used to be considered strange seems to be the norm (not sure about that in middle America)
Go for it..you can always take it out and let it heal

I pierced my nose back in 1995. Finally took it out last year. I enjoyed it while I had it but thats the great thing about piercing anything - you can always take it out rather than if you had gotten a tattoo (which I still contemplate from time to time!)

Do it. you can always take it out!