should I pierce my nose?

bethany

O.G.
Dec 29, 2005
I've been wanting to get some kind of piercing for awhile and my nose seems like a nice subtle place to do it. I can get a hoop to be rockin or a little stud to be inconspicuous. does anyone have a nose piercing? do you think it's good for you? I have a job right now where I can get away with it, and although I'm graduating college soon I kinda see myself getting a casual job (I work in the computer media industry) and soon going to grad school...
so yeah, I want one. should I do it?

there are more inconspicuous places to pierce than your nose! plus, there may be a day when you no longer want a pierced nose-and that hole in the cartilege of your nose will never close (trust me, i'm a doctor!). seriously consider another site!

Youch! I don't know, I've seen lots of people with the tiny diamond studs in their noses, but I don't think I'd have it done. I'm afraid "stuff" would collect around the part that's inside your nose. It probably doesn't, but it's just what goes through my mind. LOL
I did, however, have my bellybutton pierced, and I'm very happy with the results. If you do decide to get it pierced, make sure you go to a reputable shop to have it done. Good luck with your decision! :o)

pursedoc said:
there are more inconspicuous places to pierce than your nose! plus, there may be a day when you no longer want a pierced nose-and that hole in the cartilege of your nose will never close (trust me, i'm a doctor!). seriously consider another site!

I totally agree!!! Along with the fact that when you are applying for a job it isn't well accepted. As an office manager in the medical field, I like my employees to have a clean classic look. Too many facial piercings take away from your appearance in my opinion.

OH Wow....I guess I'm kind of a rebel. I had my nose done about 6 months ago. OMG I saw stars it hurt so much. My eyes teared for the rest of the day. I wear a tiny diamond stud in it..I mean tiny. I tried a ring and it looked awful. I wouldn't do it again. I also had my belly button done about 10 yrs ago. It didnt hurt and it's always hidden. Getting your nose done it s tough call and only you can make that decision.
L

Of course that nose is yours and you should do w/ it whatever you like.
But I wouldn't do it.
I tend to be a little conservative anyhow, but I ALWAYS think about the future and it just doesn't seem like a great idea *for me*.

I have a really bad cold right now, and have been blowing my nose every five minutes. I can't imagine what this would be like if I had an extra hole in my nose.
It's not exactly a classy look, is it? Trendy, maybe.
I vote NO.

SwankyMamaof3 said:
Of course that nose is yours and you should do w/ it whatever you like.
But I wouldn't do it.
I tend to be a little conservative anyhow, but I ALWAYS think about the future and it just doesn't seem like a great idea *for me*.

The good thing about it is you can remove the stud and never know you ever had it. The piercing doesn't leave any scarring at all.
We are self employed and the best way to describe Joe-G is he's a biker and I rode my own Harley for a while. We can get away with tatts, piercings etc. I do have to say that we clean up very, very nicely when we have to. The best thing about this board is the diversity of us all!

**GROSS ALERT**

I've always wondered about whether a) you have to wear a backing on the stud to keep it in place and b) if so, whether that becomes a prime booger collection site. And yes, what about when you have a cold or allergies?

Iluvbags said:
Try out one of those fake ones for a while and see how that goes. I'm not sure where you buy them from but I know they're out there.

I was just gonna say that! :nuts: You can order one online, it's very cheap. What about getting a tattoo somewhere where it can't be seen?

Personally, I would never pierce my face just because I don't want it to take away from professionalism needed in the future. Ear piercings and navel may be a little better.. ? I have 7 ear piercings.

pseub said:
**GROSS ALERT**

I've always wondered about whether a) you have to wear a backing on the stud to keep it in place and b) if so, whether that becomes a prime booger collection site. And yes, what about when you have a cold or allergies?

:lol: I wondered about the booger collection site, too. I don't think they have a backing, like an earing. I believe it's more like a slight spiral that keeps it in place, similar to a corkscrew shape. Not 100% sure on that, though.