Should I part with my Paddy...

Ceejay - thanks for the tips - I need them; I just listed my first item EVER ( my Roxy ) so far, no takers - It frustrates me because it is real and there are so many bad fakes!!!:evil: :evil: :evil:

I thought your paddy did sell; I could have sworn that I clicked the link and your auction had ended; plus, it is not listed under your Ebay user ID (I am checking your auctions in case a Bal ever shows up there. :amuse: ;) )

hey loganz

i would have to say, i'd sell the paddington if you're not going to use it frequently... it is such a hard decsion because i dont want you to regret it... BUT then again, if there are other bags eg/b bags... you want and see yourself using over and over again then totally sell it and use the money for another bag... eg/ b bag :shame:

Although I consider my bags a "collection" I use all of them. If I didn't use one anymore for whatever reason I'd probably get rid of it so I could get another one I'd actually use. There are other things I collect for value (i.e. art), but as far as my handbags go I want to enjoy wearing them not just collecting them. I'd get rid of the Paddy if you have no intention of wearing it. That's JMO.

I sold my beautiful black MJ Blake because I just found it was too heavy. For $975, that bag better be perfect. I only lost a couple hundred dollars on it :sad: But I turned that into a new Coach and a new Kate Spade and am much happier for it.

And learned a lesson about buying expensive bags that are all leather, suede, and chunky metal hardware!

I agree with pretty much everyone. I think you ought to love a bag. So, if you can sell one you don't like as much to get something you really love, go for it!

I hope you get what you ask for it!

Thank you everyone for the invaluable advice; I really appreciate you taking the time.

I would not be willing to take a loss on the bag - It is not that I don't like it I just can't find enough excuses to carry it.

And...I did a very bad thing (that I've even hid from my fellow bloggers) (so sorry, I felt extreme purse guilt with this one); I bought a Bal Box last week in black. I am seriously smitten with the Balenciaga bug, and the bags fit into my lifestyle so much better than Chloe bags...for the cost of that paddy I could get 2 more Boxes (well pretty darn close to two).

Maybe if you decide to sell, give everyone a heads up on the forum...I'm sure someone will bite ;) . Plus, you've been an established member that I don't think anyone would take offense if you said you were selling something (or linked it). Btw, which Roxy auction is it?

SuLi - the Roxy auction ended just a couple hours ago, I had a buy now. :nuts:

I am going to sleep on the paddy dilemma; but, I am really set on acquiring more Balenciaga bags come summer when the new colors come out; so, I think the Paddy is going to head the way of EBay.

Cristina said:
For the amount of money the paddy costs, it wouldn't be practical to keep it if you're not going to use it. Sure, it's a beautiful bag, but since we're not millionaries and we can't keep bags just to ooh and ahh and admire without ever using them, it might be better to let it go and buy a bag or two that you will use much more and get more enjoyment out of.

I can't imagine doing this, because I love my paddy, but everyone is different! :biggrin:

I tend to agree with Cristina on this one, at least until our powerball payoffs come in :amuse: . Don't be sad, you will find a bag or bags that will be the perfect mix of aesthetics and utilitarianism.

Its a beautiful bag, you decide to do whatever makes you happy. But I wish I could buy it from you if you decide to sell it, that color is so me, lol, but I just paid for school, dancing school, dance costumes ($275!), and for the gym (I go to Curves), so I'm broke:sad2:

Loganz said:
Thank you everyone for the invaluable advice; I really appreciate you taking the time.

I would not be willing to take a loss on the bag - It is not that I don't like it I just can't find enough excuses to carry it.

And...I did a very bad thing (that I've even hid from my fellow bloggers) (so sorry, I felt extreme purse guilt with this one); I bought a Bal Box last week in black. I am seriously smitten with the Balenciaga bug, and the bags fit into my lifestyle so much better than Chloe bags...for the cost of that paddy I could get 2 more Boxes (well pretty darn close to two).

Another B-bag, woohoo! Don't feel guilty, we definitely wouldn't tell you buying another bag is a bad thing :nuts: Post photos when it comes in, I've only seen one photo of a Box bag, and it wasn't a very good photo.