Should I or shouldn't I?

geekbabe

Aug 13, 2009
I've been eying a BIN item for a couple days, what do you
ladies think, do you do many BINS or do you wait to catch a great bag in a straight auction?

kaseyface

O.G.
Dec 8, 2007
Boston
Depends on what the BIN is for, what the actual retail price is, and if I think it will go lower.

If it's something I absolutely have to have, then I'd do it.

1NutMeg

Engaged! 11/13/2009
Dec 25, 2008
Ohio
Personally I like BINs, if I'm comfortable with the price. I'm not a very experienced ebayer though, so I just like the low stress of it and knowing it's mine once I click that BIN button! It seems like the auctions I bid on or watch always go for higher than I'd like to pay. So when I find a good BIN, I go for it.

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
NC
I have never, ever, ever won an auction at a good price. BINs are the only things that seem to work for me

toby11

O.G.
Feb 23, 2009
Dallas
I do BINs all the time, I also love the low stress. If it's a good price from a good seller, I'm happy to just pay it. I've never had any luck with straight auctions ending at low prices, and I hate having to keep up with the auction.

Apr 28, 2008
I prefer BINs

in fact, I'll often ask for a BIN if it's not offered and I want it.
don't like auctions!

danimeex

Danielle
O.G.
Jul 16, 2009
NJ
I freak out if it's something I need to have and it's not a BIN, I usually wind up asking the seller if they'll agree to one lol. Sometimes I do an auction if I have time to watch it - they can be exciting.

The past few times people have attacked my items with like 20 seconds to spare and made rapid bids! I couldn't believe it! It's made me so nervous that I haven't bid on anything since lol.

I say go for it! :smile:

TejasMama

O.G.
Mar 29, 2007
I prefer BINs, too. I don't like getting in a bidding war for things, and if it's a fair price, then I'd prefer to buy it and know I've got the item I wanted.