should i or shouldn't i?

takeoutbox

Dec 21, 2006
so, i can purchase a GST w/ silver hardware tomorrow, but...i feel like i'm doing it cuz it's "rare" and so sought after...i actually dont' like the GST all that much, i've tried on the one w/ the gold HW and passed up on it twice at the store, but i just feel so inclined to "own" the GST with silver just becuase it's hard to find u know what i mean?

should i buy it or shouldn't i get it? maybe i will grow to like it? i can't decide.
and everytime i see it on Heidi, it makes me want it.

I agree with nerdphanie. You shouldn't buy this bag as you didn't really like it. It is rare not a good reason.

Anyway, I think GST in white with Silver hardware is the most preferable color if I wanna buy a GST.

I know what it's like to buy something you don't even really like, just because you can and it's rare. I've been guilty of that in the past and have most often regretted it. You should save the money and spend it on something that you really love.

Besides, how sad would it be for you to get this bag and not even like it or use it, and somewhere out there is a woman who is dying to own this bag, and she won't be able to because it was purchased by someone who won't appreciate it. ;)

Is there something you actually really want to get?

I don't think you should buy something so expensive and wait for it to grow on you. Buy something you love instead. :yes:

i know, that's what i keep telling myself too, but what if some time later i realize oh no i actually relaly like the GSt but then can't get it cuz silver is a seasonal thing, then i'd feel sad :sad:

I know what it's like to buy something you don't even really like, just because you can and it's rare. I've been guilty of that in the past and have most often regretted it. You should save the money and spend it on something that you really love.

Besides, how sad would it be for you to get this bag and not even like it or use it, and somewhere out there is a woman who is dying to own this bag, and she won't be able to because it was purchased by someone who won't appreciate it. ;)

right this moment? actually no, there isn't something that i'm dying to get. i mean i like the medallion quite alot, but i dont' LOVE it, not like i have to have it feeling.

Totally agree with you :yes:

right this moment? actually no, there isn't something that i'm dying to get. i mean i like the medallion quite alot, but i dont' LOVE it, not like i have to have it feeling.

Then I would just store the money away and wait for something to turn up that you actually really want. If you buy something just because you're afraid you might change your mind and like it later, then your closet will be full of stuff you never end up using.

I'm having a similar quandry myself right now. I bought a bag using a discount, but already have the bag in another color that I use a lot. I like the color I have in the second one, but haven't used it yet, and don't know if I ever will. There's another bag I really want that I could swap this one out for, but I'm afraid that if I do that, and this bag sells out later, I'll regret having done it if I decide down the road that I wish I'd kept it.

Fear of regret is a pain isn't it? *L* Ugh.

no, not super excited to use it...i'm feeling very on the fence about it. if it wasn't so "rare" i probably wouldn't think about it twice, afterall i did pass up on the gold hardware twice, no 3times actually.

Yeah, don't get it! I know what you mean, though, about wanting it b/c it is so hard to get. You clearly don't love it, so unless you are buying purely to "collect", there's no point in getting it. I'm sure another bag will come along that you just have to have, and you'll be glad you saved your money.

I advise taking a leave of absence from tPF for a few days. If, while you're gone you still think about it -- envision yourself carrying it with YOUR clothes, get it.