Should i get both the Gris T and Etoupe

• Yes, Although the same shade they are different sizes

• No, its a waste of time to own bags in the same shades

Results are only viewable after voting.

jen0575

H-appy!
O.G.
Aug 3, 2006
Ladies and Gents, I have a problem. I am in love with both the Gris T and the etoupe and I find myself wanting both of these bags.

Currently I have a 35cm. Gris T Clemence Birkin and I love it dearly. My friend has a 30cm. Etoupe Clemence Birkin, so I borrowed it to make comparison shots.

Now, the Question: Do you think it would be stupid of me to get both bags? The shades are almost the same only the sizes differ?

Are they different or not?:confused1::confused1::confused1:

Please chime in ladies and gents, need your opinions

DSC03677.JPG

DSC03678.JPG

Hey, Jen!!!

Although I would hesitate in getting an etoupe in 35 (since you have a Gris T in 35), I think it's totally fine to get an etoupe in 30. There is enough difference to warrant a purchase (although it doesn't take too much for me!)

HI TG! im in a very difficult dilemma, that is what i keep on rationalizing the size is different. . .So it warrants a purchase. Gosh, i may have gone officially nuts!

Hi Jen! No I don't think so. I would get them both. Even though they are pretty similar, in fact they're quite different in some way (Etoupe has more brown tone and Gris T is more pale). I have both Etoupe (Bolide) and Gris T (Kelly). Go for it. :tup:

You clearly love both shades of grey/taupe - so why not? Don't let yourself be convinced to get a bag that is in another family of color just so you have a different "color" bag. At the end of the day, if you find yourself using both bags very often and loving them both..... that's all that matters

Thanks babyskyblue and archangel. . .

Im getting the replies i want to hear to justify another birkin purchase hahaha.

But seriously, please chime in if you think i am being stupid. . .:weird::huh::blink::Push:

Hi Jen! No I don't think so. I would get them both. Even though they are pretty similar, in fact they're quite different in some way (Etoupe has more brown tone and Gris T is more pale). I have both Etoupe (Bolide) and Gris T (Kelly). Go for it. :tup:

Babyskyblue
, how do you wear the Gris T vs. Etoupe?

What colors do you match it with and how do you decide which bag to use?

Please please please share some pics:rolleyes:

Hahaha. This is certainly a forum for enablers. I wanted to wait for someone with a different advice. Someone who would tell you not to be silly by purchasing two CEMENT colored bags. But to no avail.

If finances isn't a problem, go right ahead. Knock yourself out!:tup:

jen, IMO, do you really love etoupe?

if the answer is YES, then what are you waiting for????? :biggrin:

however if you just feel you 'need' etoupe because maybe the ladies here most compliment etoupe, say its a neutral/easy to match color etc... so its not for love...

then why not reserve your funds for something else tt will make sings to your heart?

just my 2 cents... :biggrin:

You clearly love both shades of grey/taupe - so why not? Don't let yourself be convinced to get a bag that is in another family of color just so you have a different "color" bag. At the end of the day, if you find yourself using both bags very often and loving them both..... that's all that matters

This advice is very sound. I like the way you think, archangel.:tup: I think the seduction of Hermes' repertoire of colours can confuse one's natural preference for certain colours, and how these complement one's wardrobe. Whilst it may be extremely "rewarding" to acquire a bag or two from different colour families, if they stay in their boxes, it does nothing for the owner.

I think they are different, but not different enough.

If you have 2 bags in total, i'd say "NO" very firmly. But if you have or will have many other birkins in other colors, then why not?