Should I or should I not?

xxmicahxx

Apr 26, 2008
Asia
Hi Minkettes! Glad to be here. I'm usually at the Prada & Miu Miu sub-forum but seeing Lauren Conrad with her Wine Nikki and Hayden P. with her Sage MAM made me fall in love with RM. I have just a thousand thoughts that keep bugging me.

Here are a few:

1. Reading from all the threads, I am concerned that if I order a Wine Nikki and ship it all the way to the Philippines.. will I be getting a perfect bag? NO scratches, EVEN leather color and texture, and absolutely NOT DEFECTIVE?

2. I have e-mailed Cory and yes would ship to the Philippines BUT they are charging me $95 just for that? I don't know exactly how much it is from there to here it's just that $95 is quite expensive.

3. I was thinking, is it safer to buy from eBay for they have the actual pictures of the bag rather than ordering from RM?

Enlighten me Minkettes. As much as I love the bag, I am absolutely fine with no RM rather than having to go through problems and even pay more than what is expected.

Thanks in advance.

From an RM lurker - the SOON to be Minkette? I'm not sure.

littlerock

Love is Love is Love
Admin
O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
In the moment
1)
I don't think anyone here can answer your questions as a definite answer, you know? Who knows if you'll get your bag and it has a scratch on it.. none of us can tell you that. The bags I have received from RM have been nothing less than perfect. Others have received some defected bags. It's a crap shoot.

2)
Yes $95 is excessive but it is what it is. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do about it except tell them it' too much and that you will shop on ebay instead. Maybe they will lower their fees if they hear enough of this.

3)
I have had great luck with ebay and if you're smart about it and study up on the seller to make sure they have good feedback and have been around a while than it's probably your best bet.

Goodluck.

May 7, 2008
SW Florida
I would definitely say you are probably better off either buying from ebay or another retailer rather than directly from RM. Especially with all the ongoing QC issues! I know there are many online stores that will gladly ship internationally, and for a much more reasonable price than $95. But if you are specifically looking for the two bags you mentioned above, then you will more than likely only find them on ebay. Good Luck!

sweetdreams

Slave to Cats
Jan 30, 2008
Sunny CA
I would very definitely buy from a retailer with a return policy. You don't want to get stuck with a bad one, especially with the nikki panel problem.

Jenny Cadine

Semi-banned
Sep 24, 2007
the Dirty South
I would definitely say you are probably better off either buying from ebay or another retailer rather than directly from RM. Especially with all the ongoing QC issues! I know there are many online stores that will gladly ship internationally, and for a much more reasonable price than $95. But if you are specifically looking for the two bags you mentioned above, then you will more than likely only find them on ebay. Good Luck!
I managed to get a flawless Wine Nikki on ebay. There are still a couple on there I think. A lot of the eBay Minkoff sellers are members of this forum so if you ask questions & check out the seller you should be ok.

wongy74

O.G.
Jan 26, 2007
If I were you, I would definitely go the ebay route to have a better shot a getting a "perfect" bag and at a lower price, given RM's shipping fee. Good luck!

xxmicahxx

Apr 26, 2008
Asia
I'm scared buying off something fake. Are there any RM fakes out on eBay yet? Do you know how much would it cost to Philippines? Just an estimate though. Thank you!

Jun 25, 2008
No RM fakes yet, so you can get an RM on fReaKbay at a decent price. That's were I've gotten all of mine. Good luck!

xxmicahxx

Apr 26, 2008
Asia
If I were you, I would definitely go the ebay route to have a better shot a getting a "perfect" bag and at a lower price, given RM's shipping fee. Good luck!
Out of curiosity, where did you manage to get yours? Is it PERFECT? Thanks!

I managed to get a flawless Wine Nikki on ebay. There are still a couple on there I think. A lot of the eBay Minkoff sellers are members of this forum so if you ask questions & check out the seller you should be ok.
Thanks Jenny Cadine! I think I'm getting from eBay then. I don't want to go through problems at RM!

I would very definitely buy from a retailer with a return policy. You don't want to get stuck with a bad one, especially with the nikki panel problem.
Do you know any retailer with a return policy? Let me know. Thanks!

May 7, 2008
SW Florida
I personally think you are pretty safe with ebay. Just make sure the seller you purchase from has good feedback and a decent amount of feedback at that, and more than likely you can find a member of tpf selling on there too. Like others said, RM really has not been faked as of yet, so I think you are pretty safe in that dept.

Jenny Cadine

Semi-banned
Sep 24, 2007
the Dirty South
thehipchick.com has the wine Nikki with new hardware for pre-order. BUT they say no returns and idk about their international shipping. It may be worth emailing Luna Boston to see if they are getting any more wine Nikkis.

MICHAELLE

Aug 1, 2007
Luna Boston is doing pre-orders for the wine Nikki at the end of Septemer. You can't beat there CS, and you have a return window, not sure how much over seas shipping would be, but would bet it's more reasonable. Good Luck!!!

aka*kirara

more more MORE!
Aug 7, 2007
Melbourne ~ Down Under!
i'm from outside the US and am patiently awaiting my pre-ordered wine nikki with new HW to arrive from Luna Boston at the end of September, I am so tempted with the ones on eBay tho, but i really want one with new HW so i guess i'll take the chance.
LB international shipping is only $32.95 btw

circoit

Aug 14, 2006
I definitely would recommend ordering from somewhere other than RM.com. If you go through a retailer, it wouldn't hurt to specifically request the SA to look over the bag completely before sending it out since you want one that is completely free of marks and scratches. Being specific like that helps.