Should I or should I not? Urgent Poll!

What should I do with this Gucci bag?

• Go for it!

• Go for Totally or wait for for Galliera ebene or other eben shoulder.

Results are only viewable after voting.

scaredycat

O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
BC, Canada
Hello all...this is more an LV vs Gucci question.
I'm here in Cancun and I have been on the lookout for a casual hobo/shoulder for summer use. Not in monogram :biggrin:

I tried the Galliera PM in azur (too big!), Stresa PM (not crazy about buckle), Totally PM and MM and Neverfull MM (all in azur).
DH and I narrowed it down to Totally PM and MM, but I can't say I'm totally in love. It was just the best choice. There aren't any ebene shoulder bags that I like for what I want...if anything it would be the Galliera in ebene.

Now, I wander off to Gucci and find this GG Twins hobo with pale pink leather trim. Love! The price is great as it is on sale ($635 CAD net).

My only hesitation is this is my first Gucci and I don't know about their quality.

I know this is the LV sub forum, but there are many of you as well who have Guccis.

I need your urgent advise as I'm leaving in 2 days, and I can no longer see this bag (it's a seasonal color) online anywhere (have no Gucci store closeby).

Thanks very much for your help!!!

Last edited:

earthx

back to basic.
Aug 31, 2010
Bangkok, Thailand
She looks good on you!
When I was in Italy during summer, I was deciding between this and the Sukey. But ended up getting the Sukey instead. Gucci's quality is pretty good, but the fabric part could look a little worn(?) when your hand keep rubbing on it while the bag is on your shoulder. If you don't mind that, i would say "GO FOR IT!!" :tup:

scaredycat

O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
BC, Canada
Thank you PurseDoggie and Earth!

Earth...have you done anything to protect the canvas? I quickly read from the Gucci subforum that people use Scotchguard, Kenneth Cole or Wilson's protector. I wonder if that would help?

BunnyliciouS

Jan 15, 2010
I was going to get a Gucci Sukey, but after reading the Gucci thread, I decided not to.
The fabric kind is not durable, worn out fast.

I'd say Galleria ebene, but it's special order, isn't it?

squarerainbow

Dec 3, 2010
i like the pink trim as well. I don't have any gucci myself so i can't comment on wear. really cute bag though!

earthx

back to basic.
Aug 31, 2010
Bangkok, Thailand
Thank you PurseDoggie and Earth!

Earth...have you done anything to protect the canvas? I quickly read from the Gucci subforum that people use Scotchguard, Kenneth Cole or Wilson's protector. I wonder if that would help?
I have no clue at all! :P
I sold my Sukey after a month of using her, it was too small and the fabric start showing some worn because I was using her whole month straight. If people in the Gucci subforum says that help, i guess it help then!! ;)

**Chanel**

Trying to b good ^_^
O.G.
Jan 31, 2009
Escaping from Ban Island;-)
Since you already said you're not in love with the LV bags you saw but that you love the Gucci, I think you already know your answer ;).
I can't comment on the Gucci quality but I think it looks nice on you and if you love it, go for it :smile:.
Good luck with your decision :biggrin:!

Cup_Cakr

From Oz here :)
Aug 4, 2010
I love the pink trim and the bag really suits you.

And you mentioned the word... Love...

I also don't know about the quality but if you don't love anything LV...

I say go the Gucci.

jmaemonte

O.G.
Oct 13, 2008
Reno, NV
I own several Gucci's and several LV's. I have to say that LV definitely is better quality for an everyday bag; however, if you only plan on carrying the Gucci seasonally then I say go for it! I love the pink and I think it looks great on you!:biggrin:

scaredycat

O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
BC, Canada
Thank you Bunnylicious, Warden, Square, Stylish and Earth!

It's so hard to walk away from a bag that grabs you and is on sale!
Maybe I should get something from LV here so I get distracted (like a bandeau or agenda). I thought it's more expensive here but the prices actually include taxes.
Hmmmm...

CookieLady

Baked Goods Goddess
Aug 24, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
Get the Gucci!!!!

It's adorable, looks great on you and as you say - nothing grabs you right now with LV. Sure the durability might not be as good as LV, but it's a third of the price so wear it until they finally bring out a Gal/Totally in Ebene.

Bunifa

Nov 25, 2010
That Gucci bag is fabric so of course it's not going to be as durable as LV coated canvas but I think it looks great on you! I know this is a LV forum but I noticed that most LV lovers dislike Gucci. Go for it!