Should I open or take it to USPS?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
    I just received this package.

The box is really beat up. What I'm surprised about is that the box is labeled fragile, yet it looks like it was tossed around.

Should I open it up and hope and pray that whatever was in it is ok.

Or should I take it to USPS and open it there?

2. wow.... I think it's too late to take it back to the post office... Unless you had the mailman standing right there at your house giving that package to you, I don't see how the PO will say it was their fault...

Sorry that's happened~~~ Good luck though!

3. oh maybe you should use your camera and make a video of you opening it as it is on the floor?

4. I was thinking the same thing. When you sign for the item doesn't it usually mean that you accept the condition of the package when it was delivered?

5. There was no signature delivery nor insurance for the package.

6. I would DEF take it to the post office!

7. Are the contents fragile?

8. I would take it to the PO and see if a manager can document the condition before you open it. Maybe they can't, but nothing lost trying. Was it insured?

9. if there was no insurance, they arent going to do anything for you.

10. You can never be too careful these days -- take it to USPS.

11. Without insurance it's not going to make any difference if you take it to the PO to open it up.

Linda