Should I??? Need advice...

I bought the Galliera when it first came out so it has the original rings. I love the bag and am considering buying it again and giving my best friend my old one. It's still in great condition and it's the perfect honey color except for the ring issue.

I adore my best friend and I know she would love the bag. Her husband would never let her buy one and thinks it's stupid to spend that much on a purse. Do you think this is a good idea or will it cause problems with her husband? Advice please.

What a wonderful friend you are! I think if you give it to her as a gift that would be ok. Sounds like her husband doesn't want her to spend that kind of money on a bag. Very lovely gesture:smile:

I think that if you want to give her the bag, her husband cant really say anything negative about that, could he? I guess it depends on what kind of man he is. You know her husband, and if he would be upset about it, then maybe its not a good idea. OR ask your friend to mention it to her husband first, and see how he feels about that? Do you think he'd feel bad about not buying it for her himself? would he feel pressure to buy her expensive bags, when he didnt have to before? Or would he be insulted because you gave her a used bag, like as if its 'charity'.. or something.. who knows.. I think your best bet, if your concerned about it causing problems would be to ask your friend. Good luck!
BTW.. I think its a very generous nice gesture.

I think he would be pretty mean if he were to begrudge such a generous gift his wife receives from a friend - but then again people always surprise me. You are a very sweet friend and if it feels like the right thing to do then do it.

I think that if you want to give her the bag, her husband cant really say anything negative about that, could he? I guess it depends on what kind of man he is. You know her husband, and if he would be upset about it, then maybe its not a good idea. OR ask your friend to mention it to her husband first, and see how he feels about that? Do you think he'd feel bad about not buying it for her himself? would he feel pressure to buy her expensive bags, when he didnt have to before? Or would he be insulted because you gave her a used bag, like as if its 'charity'.. or something.. who knows.. I think your best bet, if your concerned about it causing problems would be to ask your friend. Good luck!
BTW.. I think its a very generous nice gesture.

Thanks.

He's a fun guy but controlling with money, she has to asked before she buys anything. She does so much for everyone including him and her girls. I think she deserves a nice treat but he doesn't seem to do anything for her.
It makes me sad...

It would be a lovely gift, but it does sound like you might need to check with him. I wonder if you could get him involved, like maybe ask him if he wants to buy it at some really low price for her (he might think the price is OK since it is used?). Then he might be into it, but I don't how you would feel about that, ot how he would feel about that....

Thanks.

He's a fun guy but controlling with money, she has to asked before she buys anything. She does so much for everyone including him and her girls. I think she deserves a nice treat but he doesn't seem to do anything for her.
It makes me sad...

If he is as fun and nice as you said, I don't think he would mind. Let your best friend know first that you intend to give it to her and since she is really the person who knows him best, she would probably be able to tell you whether her other half would feel offended or not.

You are truly such a sweetie. Can I be your new bff?:nuts: