Should I let my galleria go?

Arachne911

O.G.
Jul 12, 2009
It is one of my most comfortable bags, but it was bought by my ex. I have carried it maybe once this past year and I use to carry it all the time. It just reminds me to much of the bs I dealt with. I do love the bag. It was my first LV but idk if I willever be able to love carrying it again. Opinions please.

If you can keep it tucked away, I would. I imagine that after more time you will be able return to her and not really mind that the ex gave her to you. It could be even be year or two, but she is beautiful and worth keeping.

I loved my gal when I first got her, but over time I fell out of love. I ended up selling it and buying a delightful pm instead. I'm much happier and don't have any regrets.

I'm not sentimental when it comes to stuff like that so for me it wouldn't matter who purchased it for me if I wasn't wearing it I'd let it go and buy something I'd wear and get use out of.

I sold mine and I regretted it. I end up buying a new one. This bag is very pretty and I love the style. It's all up to you. If you think you would use it regardless who bought it then keep it.

I think you need to ask yourself "Will I ever carry this bag again?" I have to ask myself that question when I am ready to purchase another bag because I have so many already. Will this bag sit in the closet? Will I use and how often? Will I choose something over it. Had to do that with the Neverfull MM Mono and the Delightful PM. I wanted the Delightful so I asked myself "Would I chose the Delightful over the Neverfull" My answer was yes so I sold my NF. But if it is your most comfortable bag as you state then you probably will regret giving it up. . .my Delightful PM is my most comfortable bag.

Tough... I understand the association with the ex, but this bag isn't available anymore right? If you really don't use it because you dislike the style, then sell... But if you don't use it because of the feelings associated with it? I would keep it, when you meet the next perfect guy, hopefully that'll allow you to enjoy it :smile:

I guess for me, only a wedding ring is something that I'd receive as a gift that I couldn't keep! If you're selling solely because it's from your ex; that isn't a great reason alone, especially since you said you LOVE the bag. Think of if it as gift for putting up with their crap, something that you earned. :tup:

I'm pretty sure it is discontinued, so be sure before you sell it.

I was in the same situation and ultimately kept the bag, since it was my first LV. However, I will tell you that my ill feelings towards him faded over time,(could care less now and laugh about the whole shenanigan!) but I do think of him when I bring my bag out. I don't feel irritated one way or the other but I think of my bag is the one good thing that ever came from that whole mess- well that and I'm still fabulous! :biggrin: Good luck deciding!

As another poster said, I think I wouldn't have any association of a bag with an ex. Jewelry maybe, or even a bag charm. But not a bag. That's me.

Go shopping in LV and look at the new styles.

i was in the same situation and ultimately kept the bag, since it was my first lv. However, i will tell you that my ill feelings towards him faded over time,(could care less now and laugh about the whole shenanigan!) but i do think of him when i bring my bag out. I don't feel irritated one way or the other but i think of my bag is the one good thing that ever came from that whole mess- well that and i'm still fabulous! :d good luck deciding!
+1

My vote is to sell. I have jewelry from an ex and it just sits in my jewelry box. This is from a relationship 10+ years ago that I wasn't even that bitter about. It just seems so weird and now that I am married (broke up with ex to date my now husband), it would feel downright unfaithful. :smile:

Keep it a while longer and see if you can get over the fact that he bought it.

If it was me - I'd feel like I had "earned" it & I'd use it - but then again I am a Galleria fan