Should I let it go of this 2009 Dior bag and wallet

Cams

May 14, 2017
hello everyone.
I just wanted to ask your opinion in 2009 i purchased this Dior bag and wallet. I used the bag a few time but not much. I kept it most of them time. I nerver actually used the wallet Because of that, the silver has turnish a little. Do you think I should sell it? If so where does one sell these items
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
hello everyone.
I just wanted to ask your opinion in 2009 i purchased this Dior bag and wallet. I used the bag a few time but not much. I kept it most of them time. I nerver actually used the wallet Because of that, the silver has turnish a little. Do you think I should sell it? If so where does one sell these items
Thank you
I think that if you don't use it much, then sell it, although you may not get a lot of money for them.

You can try selling at a local consignment store, or on Ebay. You can also sell to Fashionphile and LXR by visiting their website and sending specific pictures of your bag and wallet in for a quote.

hello everyone.
Thank you

Hi Cams,

Depending where your live, your could try online ads such as craigslist. I live in Canada so kijiji works great (especially if you still have all the paperwork). You could also consider Facebook groups, consignment (fashionphile etc.) and auction (not just eBay but actual auctions houses). I don't know if it's applicable in the area you live in but you could also consider donating the item and ask for a tax receipt for the value of it.

As to keep it or sell it, it's really your decision but you seem more leaning towards selling it. If you never ever reach for it you're maybe better off selling and getting whatever money you can but if you still use it from time to time (even if it's only once a year), I would keep it. Main reason is that, I doubt ( I don't intend to be rude or disrespectful) that you will be able to get your full money back on those items especially if you bought them brand new.

Lastly, if I was in your shoes I would probably consider one of the following 2 options:

1) keep them and "update" by adding some colorful stickers. Michael Kors has some great ones for only 20$. you could also consider amazon. Maybe put a shaper into the bag. Or wrap a twilly around the handles. In all cases, I would keep in mind to limit my investment to update the bag if I'm not head over heels (I think the bag and wallet are lovely though).

2) I would consider giving those items to a teenager (17 - 18 years old) who's into fashion/design, someone in my family or a close friend's daughter. They are lovely high end designer items and I would rather make someone extra happy by giving it than getting an amount of money that may feel not significant.

Just some thoughts, hope they can be helpful. take care.

Reactions: Cams
Hi Cams,

Depending where your live, your could try online ads such as craigslist. I live in Canada so kijiji works great (especially if you still have all the paperwork). You could also consider Facebook groups, consignment (fashionphile etc.) and auction (not just eBay but actual auctions houses). I don't know if it's applicable in the area you live in but you could also consider donating the item and ask for a tax receipt for the value of it.

As to keep it or sell it, it's really your decision but you seem more leaning towards selling it. If you never ever reach for it you're maybe better off selling and getting whatever money you can but if you still use it from time to time (even if it's only once a year), I would keep it. Main reason is that, I doubt ( I don't intend to be rude or disrespectful) that you will be able to get your full money back on those items especially if you bought them brand new.

Lastly, if I was in your shoes I would probably consider one of the following 2 options:

1) keep them and "update" by adding some colorful stickers. Michael Kors has some great ones for only 20$. you could also consider amazon. Maybe put a shaper into the bag. Or wrap a twilly around the handles. In all cases, I would keep in mind to limit my investment to update the bag if I'm not head over heels (I think the bag and wallet are lovely though).

2) I would consider giving those items to a teenager (17 - 18 years old) who's into fashion/design, someone in my family or a close friend's daughter. They are lovely high end designer items and I would rather make someone extra happy by giving it than getting an amount of money that may feel not significant.

Just some thoughts, hope they can be helpful. take care.
Dear Alphonsette
Thank you so much for your detailed message. Yes I do have all the paperwork as I bought it Bought it new. I live in Australia and never ever sold a bag. Have to say this forum has inspired me to in many different ways. I do have a daughter maybe you right should keep it as I won't get the value for it. Thank you once again.